Amarinth overhauls safety critical oil containment skid packages for Oil Spill Response Limited
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 10th July 2023
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low lifecycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment, primarily for the offshore and onshore oil and gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets, has been contracted by Wood to overhaul the three oil containment skid packages managed and operated by Oil Spill Response Limited.
Six years ago, Amarinth supplied ten API 610 OH1 pumps with Plan 53B Seal Support systems to the Subsea Well Response Project for a global containment toolkit that can support subsea well incident response if well shut-in is not immediately possible. The equipment helps contain and quickly remove oil from the sea and offload it into tankers for removal from an incident.
The containment equipment is made available through Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) to the international oil and gas industry and is always ready to be deployed anywhere in the world. OSRL is the largest international industry-funded cooperative and exists to respond to oil spills wherever they may occur, providing preparedness, response and intervention services, helping to protect coastlines, wildlife, and communities. OSRL is wholly owned by most of the environmentally responsible oil and gas companies around the globe, and its membership represents the majority of the world’s oil production.
With strong demand to replace Russian oil and gas assets, and ongoing unrest in parts of the world, there has never been a greater need for the environmental protection that the OSRL oil spill response equipment offers should any incident occur. The three skids that form part of the global containment toolkit must always be ready for deployment which demands a carefully planned overhaul of the skid packages. John Wood Group PLC is tasked with managing this process for OSRL and has contracted Amarinth to undertake the overhaul of the skids based on Amarinth’s proven ability to deliver reliably and on-time against such critical projects.
Amarinth has agreed an overhaul program that will see the three skids, each with three pumps on, come into Amarinth’s facilities in Rendlesham, UK one by one over a three-month period, commencing in June. This ensures that two skid packages are always ready for deployment. Each skid will go through Amarinth’s strip, report and refurbish program. This involves a detailed mechanical and hydraulic assessment of the pumps and replacement of all important components. Knowledgeable engineers carefully inspect all non-replacement items for wear and to make sure they are within tolerance. The pumps are finally tested at Amarinth’s in-house facility to certify them to the same standards as when they were new, giving peace of mind that they will operate reliably whenever and wherever they are needed until the next planned overhaul.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to be supporting the global oil and gas industry on such a critical project. The importance of the OSRL equipment to the world cannot be underestimated. We will be working closely with Wood to ensure that the pumps are overhauled meticulously, and the skids returned to full readiness according to the agreed schedule.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380