Amarinth halves the lead time on bespoke API 610 pumps with the help of RADAR
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 17 October 2008
Amarinth halves the lead time on bespoke API 610 pumps
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of pumps and associated equipment for the oil and gas industry, has underlined its credentials as the supplier of choice for high specification, short lead time projects by today announcing that its two year long investment in RADAR, a fully integrated design, manufacturing and support system, enables it to deliver bespoke API 610 exotic alloy pumps in just 26 weeks, halving the traditional lead time.
The oil and gas industry is under increasing pressure to bring wells and refineries on stream in ever tighter timeframes. The typical lead time on bespoke API pumps for these demanding applications is in the region of 50 weeks, which has started causing contractors to miss deadlines. Two years ago Amarinth saw the rising demand to reduce this lead time and set about its ambitious RADAR project – to half the lead-time on bespoke API pumps to an unheard of 26 weeks.
Amarinth commissioned and integrated state-of-the-art design, 3D parametric modelling, manufacturing and customer support systems. Throwing away perceived wisdom, the company applied its many years of experience in the industry and developed a radical modular approach to the design of its API pumps that allows it to anticipate the needs of customers and deliver a bespoke designed pump in the same time as that needed for a standard pre-designed one.
This unique approach to pump design and manufacture is supported by the tight integration of all the company’s processes which ensures that from initial enquiry to post-commissioning, Amarinth offers an unmatched agility and responsiveness in meeting customer needs.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth explains the benefits: “When we receive an enquiry for a bespoke vertical sump pump for example, be that in standard or exotic alloy, in just a matter of minutes we can deliver the full general arrangement and isometric drawings, including nozzle loads, weights and other data essential to the customer. Traditionally this is not available until weeks into the contract. Incorporating design changes as the contract progresses is more straight forward and the customer is kept up to date at all times through design, manufacture, test and delivery using our 24 hour interactive support systems. The compounding benefits resulting from being able to deliver such a detailed design at enquiry allied with the tight integration of all our systems and the transparency of the process through all of the stages, have enabled us to meet our goal of delivering the highest quality API pumps in the shortest lead time in the industry.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380