Umm Lulu project Offshore supplied with titanium alloy pumps for sodium hypochlorite dosing
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 13 January 2016
Amarinth forge ahead using leading-edge technologies to manufacture titanium pumps for the ADMA-OPCO Umm Lulu Development Project, Abu Dhabi
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and renewable energy markets, has delivered four sodium hypochlorite dosing pumps manufactured in titanium alloy to ADMA-OPCO for use on the Umm Lulu Development Project, offshore of Abu Dhabi.
The Umm Lulu field is located in the Arabian Gulf 30km north-west of Abu Dhabi, UAE. It is being developed as part of a strategic initiative to pump 1.75 million barrels of crude a day by 2017, increasing Abu Dhabi's total crude oil production to 3.5 million barrels a day.
Amarinth were approached by Cumberland to tender for the pumps on a tight 24 week delivery for the Umm Lulu platform. Sodium hypochlorite is highly corrosive and so traditional super-duplex materials cannot be used. Cumberland had considered using plastic components on the pumps but ruled that out due to known reliability issues and failure rates and so Cumberland was seeking a solution to this challenging problem.
Drawing on its wealth of experience of casting in exotic materials, Amarinth was the only pump manufacturer approached by Cumberland that would tender for this challenging project. To minimise corrosion from the sodium hypochlorite, Amarinth proposed using titanium alloy for all wetted parts, including the casing, impeller and shaft. ADMA-OPCO also recognised Amarinth’s capabilities for successfully delivering against its previous high-specification requirements, all of which helped Amarinth to secure the contract.
Amarinth was able to source the titanium required through its supply chain and then worked closely with its foundry in Sheffield, United Kingdom, casting the components. Titanium is difficult to cast and the process has to be very carefully controlled using the latest technologies, pushing the limitations of current manufacturing methods. Having overcome all of the challenges, the four titanium pumps have now been successfully manufactured and assembled and will be commissioned on the offshore Umm Lulu platform during the first half of 2016.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, added: “We are delighted to have met these demanding requirements and our engineering team surpassed all expectations in delivering the titanium pumps against such tight deadlines, further underlining our capabilities in designing and manufacturing high-specification pumps for the most arduous of duties. The confidence shown in Amarinth by Cumberland and ADMO-OPCO has once again enabled us to demonstrate our commitment to the Middle East oil and gas market.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380