UK national holiday no barrier for Amarinth bareshaft replacement pump for old Girdlestone unit at BASF
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 10th March 2016
Amarinth proves that holidays are no barrier when BASF required a new pump in an emergency
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and renewable energy markets, has proven that holidays are no barrier to ensuring process plants are kept running by quoting, manufacturing and supplying a stainless steel pump to BASF despite the Christmas and New Year shutdown across the United Kingdom.
When a former Girdlestone pump at a BASF chemical plant in Bradford, which is one of the largest and most productive single site chemical plants in the United Kingdom, failed two days before Christmas with no replacement available, BASF contacted Amarinth for emergency support.
The BASF site manufactures products used to enhance industrial processing in various industries such as papermaking, mining, oil extraction, textiles and wastewater treatment and these require the pumping of acrylamide. Working with BASF, Amarinth was able to draw on its experience to produce a quotation the same day to provide a suitable replacement for the failed Girdlestone unit comprising of a bare shaft pump manufactured in 316 stainless steel to ISO 5199 specifications.
With the Christmas period well underway and much of the UK shut down for two weeks, Amarinth used its influence across a well-established supply chain to source the necessary components and accelerate their delivery. Drawing on its own operational agility, Amarinth was then able to assemble and test the pump at its premises in Rendlesham, Suffolk and deliver it directly to the BASF site.
In just a few weeks from the initial contact, BASF had commissioned the new Amarinth pump at the Bradford plant, thereby ensuring downtime was kept to a minimum during the Christmas period.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are very conscious that many of our clients operate 24/7 and so we have in place procedures for responding to emergencies such as this, whenever and wherever they occur. The Christmas and New Year period can be particularly challenging in the United Kingdom and so we are delighted that we were able to manufacture and deliver the required pump successfully to BASF in such a timely manner.”
– END –
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380