Sonatrach refinery in Algeria purchases Amarinth bespoke vertical hydrocarbon condensate pump
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 16 November 2015
Amarinth delivers bespoke vertical hydrocarbon condensate pump to Sonatrach refinery in Algeria
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and renewable energy markets, has delivered a bespoke 2.8m vertical hydrocarbon condensate pump to Sonatrach in Algeria as a direct plug-and-play replacement for an existing unreliable pump.
Sonatrach, the largest oil and gas exploration and production company in Algeria and Africa, turned to Amarinth to deliver a bespoke vertical hydrocarbon pump for a refinery in Algeria. Recognising Amarinth’s success in delivering engineered API pumps for challenging duties on tight deadlines and its leadership position in industrial pumps, Sonatrach, when faced with an unacceptable failure rate with another manufacturer’s pump, asked Amarinth if the pump could be replaced but without changing any of the existing plant or pipework.
The high failure rate of the existing pump meant that a replacement was required very quickly amidst concerns that the refinery could be shut down if a catastrophic failure of the old pump occurred. To meet the deadline, Amarinth selected one of its proven T-Series vertical pumps, an industrial pump with an API pedigree, which it could tailor to Sonatrach’s requirements.
Amarinth designed an oversized mounting plate to enable the new pump to fit directly into the existing plant and also modified various fittings and fixings to suit the existing pipework. Combining its extensive knowledge of both the oil and gas sector and industrial markets, Amarinth successfully delivered a high-quality, cost-effective and extremely reliable solution to Sonatrach before the existing pump caused any further issues. The plug-and-play solution, requiring no changes to the associated plant or pipework, resulted in minimal disruption to the refinery during installation and commissioning.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, added: “Our core strength has always been an ability to successfully tailor solutions for our customers’ needs and in this case we are pleased that Sonatrach, an Algerian company, recognised the skills and expertise inherent in British engineering which we are able to deliver anywhere around the world.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380