Sonatrach refinery in Algeria purchases Amarinth bespoke vertical hydrocarbon condensate pump
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 16 November 2015
Amarinth delivers bespoke vertical hydrocarbon condensate pump to Sonatrach refinery in Algeria
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and renewable energy markets, has delivered a bespoke 2.8m vertical hydrocarbon condensate pump to Sonatrach in Algeria as a direct plug-and-play replacement for an existing unreliable pump.
Sonatrach, the largest oil and gas exploration and production company in Algeria and Africa, turned to Amarinth to deliver a bespoke vertical hydrocarbon pump for a refinery in Algeria. Recognising Amarinth’s success in delivering engineered API pumps for challenging duties on tight deadlines and its leadership position in industrial pumps, Sonatrach, when faced with an unacceptable failure rate with another manufacturer’s pump, asked Amarinth if the pump could be replaced but without changing any of the existing plant or pipework.
The high failure rate of the existing pump meant that a replacement was required very quickly amidst concerns that the refinery could be shut down if a catastrophic failure of the old pump occurred. To meet the deadline, Amarinth selected one of its proven T-Series vertical pumps, an industrial pump with an API pedigree, which it could tailor to Sonatrach’s requirements.
Amarinth designed an oversized mounting plate to enable the new pump to fit directly into the existing plant and also modified various fittings and fixings to suit the existing pipework. Combining its extensive knowledge of both the oil and gas sector and industrial markets, Amarinth successfully delivered a high-quality, cost-effective and extremely reliable solution to Sonatrach before the existing pump caused any further issues. The plug-and-play solution, requiring no changes to the associated plant or pipework, resulted in minimal disruption to the refinery during installation and commissioning.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, added: “Our core strength has always been an ability to successfully tailor solutions for our customers’ needs and in this case we are pleased that Sonatrach, an Algerian company, recognised the skills and expertise inherent in British engineering which we are able to deliver anywhere around the world.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380
See all of our press releases and find out more about us.