London Marine Consultants place order for an IP66 rated vertical sump pump
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 19 April 2016
Amarinth secures order to equip the Pioneiro de Libra FPSO with a vertical sump pump capable of withstanding heavy seas Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has secured an order from London Marine Consultants on a very short 14 week lead for a vertical sump pump that will mounted on the bow of the FPSO Pioneiro de Libra and is IP66 rated to protect against heavy seas washing over it.
London Marine Consultants was awarded the EPC contract to supply an external turret mooring system for the EWT (Extended Well Test) FPSO (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading) vessel Pioneiro de Libra, a conversion of the Suezmax tanker Navion Norvegia. On completion of the build at the Jurong Shipyard of Singapore, the vessel is destined for the ultra-deepwater Libra oil prospect field, operated by consortium leader Petrobas, located in the Santos Basin, about 230km off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The Libra field is estimated to contain recoverable resources of up to 12 billion barrels of oil and is one of the largest deepwater oil accumulations globally. During the design of the turret the need for a wash-down sump facility with drains pump was established and with a short lead time of just 14 weeks to provide this before the vessel was due to be moved, London Marine Consultants turned to Amarinth for its ability to provide bespoke vertical sump pumps on tight deadlines.
Due to much higher seas in the operating region than is usual for where an FPSO might operate, the drain pump in the wash-down sump, which is located in the bow of the vessel, was liable to submersion during heavy seas. Amarinth worked closely with London Marine Consultants to design a pump that could withstand the demanding conditions, modifying its proven T-Series vertical sump pump to be fully IP66 rated, which is defined as “dust tight and protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water”. The IP66 rating covered the pump, motor and transmitters and even the control panel which was also open to the elements. Level transmitters were installed to automatically start the pump when the sump has filled, pumping the water to the cleaning package before its return to the sea, and to switch off the pump once the sump has been emptied.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “This was our first order from London Marine Consultants and also for the Libra field and we are pleased that we have been able to provide this IP66 rated vertical sump pump so that the vessel can be completed on schedule. We are looking forward to leveraging our expertise gained on this project into new projects for the Libra field that we are starting to see as it is being developed.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380