Amarinth wins orders for 4M USD from Petrofac in the Middle East
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 26 April 2010
Amarinth wins orders for $4M from Petrofac in the Middle East
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the chemical and petrochemical industries has secured orders from Petrofac totalling $4M (USD) for delivery by June 2010. The majority of the pumps are destined for the ASAB Full Field Development project in Abu Dhabi, the biggest on-shore project ever awarded in the region.
Underlining its continued growth in the Middle-East, Amarinth has secured orders for $4M (USD) of API 610 pumps from Petrofac, one of the largest EPC contractors in the world. The main order of $3M (USD) is to supply 33 VS4 Vertical, and 8 OH2 Horizontal pumps, some with Amarinth Protect System seal support systems and others with Amarinth’s innovative in-pump gulley sucker arrangement, for use in the ASAB Full Field Development project in Abu Dhabi.
The ASAB project, the biggest on-shore project ever awarded in the region, is to upgrade existing facilities enabling the operator Abu Dhabi Company for Oil Operations (ADCO) to increase production capacity to a peak rate of 720,000 barrels per day of stabilised crude oil. The pumps will operate in particularly demanding and harsh conditions, including low NPSH duties.
Prior to this order, Amarinth secured a smaller order from Petrofac on the same ASAB project for 6 API 610 OH2 pumps for use in pumping produced and potable water. Following both of these contracts, Petrofac placed a further order for 15 API 610 VS4 Vertical sump pumps for use on a Sonatrac project in the El-Merk field in Algeria. Again, these pumps will operate in harsh conditions requiring low NPSH and this time will have to withstand high operating temperature extremes that can reach 315°C in an upset condition, which is very rare for a vertical sump pump.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth commented: “We are delighted to have been awarded these contracts from Petrofac which underlines our commitment to providing the very best pumping technologies, short-lead time deliveries and full documentation and support to such demanding major petrochemical projects in the Middle East such as the ASAB Development.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380