Amarinth wins orders for 4M USD from Petrofac in the Middle East
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 26 April 2010
Amarinth wins orders for $4M from Petrofac in the Middle East
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the chemical and petrochemical industries has secured orders from Petrofac totalling $4M (USD) for delivery by June 2010. The majority of the pumps are destined for the ASAB Full Field Development project in Abu Dhabi, the biggest on-shore project ever awarded in the region.
Underlining its continued growth in the Middle-East, Amarinth has secured orders for $4M (USD) of API 610 pumps from Petrofac, one of the largest EPC contractors in the world. The main order of $3M (USD) is to supply 33 VS4 Vertical, and 8 OH2 Horizontal pumps, some with Amarinth Protect System seal support systems and others with Amarinth’s innovative in-pump gulley sucker arrangement, for use in the ASAB Full Field Development project in Abu Dhabi.
The ASAB project, the biggest on-shore project ever awarded in the region, is to upgrade existing facilities enabling the operator Abu Dhabi Company for Oil Operations (ADCO) to increase production capacity to a peak rate of 720,000 barrels per day of stabilised crude oil. The pumps will operate in particularly demanding and harsh conditions, including low NPSH duties.
Prior to this order, Amarinth secured a smaller order from Petrofac on the same ASAB project for 6 API 610 OH2 pumps for use in pumping produced and potable water. Following both of these contracts, Petrofac placed a further order for 15 API 610 VS4 Vertical sump pumps for use on a Sonatrac project in the El-Merk field in Algeria. Again, these pumps will operate in harsh conditions requiring low NPSH and this time will have to withstand high operating temperature extremes that can reach 315°C in an upset condition, which is very rare for a vertical sump pump.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth commented: “We are delighted to have been awarded these contracts from Petrofac which underlines our commitment to providing the very best pumping technologies, short-lead time deliveries and full documentation and support to such demanding major petrochemical projects in the Middle East such as the ASAB Development.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380