Amarinth wins first order in Saudi Arabia
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 09 May 2011
Amarinth secures its first pump order in Saudi Arabia
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the industrial, chemical and petrochemical industries, has secured its first order in Saudi Arabia from Saudi International Petrochemical Company.
Just weeks after Amarinth signed GAS Arabian Services as its territory sales and marketing agent for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the new partnership has secured an order from Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) for an API 610 petrochemical pump that will be used for Ethylene Di Acetate transfer.
Sipchem, listed on the Saudi Stock market, actively develops and invests in petrochemical and chemical industries, both basic and intermediate to produce chemicals used to manufacture a multitude of products. The new pump will be installed at the heart of its chemical plant in Al-Jubail Industrial City.
The pump was required by Sipchem on a short lead time, just 20 weeks after approval of General Assembly (GA) drawing. Using its fully computerised fast track ordering and manufacturing capability, Amarinth was able to issue the GA drawing in less than 2 weeks from order placement, just one of the methods the company uses to work to very tight lead times.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth commented: “This is the first pump Amarinth has supplied to a Saudi company and marks a very positive start working with our newly appointed agent GAS Arabian Services.”
Mr Kirubakaran, Team Leader Mechanical Division at GAS Arabian Services added: “GAS is delighted to have got our partnership with Amarinth off to such a quick start with this important order from Sipchem, who are one of our most valued customers. This requirement had the combination of complexity and fast track delivery that was quickly identified as being well suited to Amarinth's capabilities. With many more opportunities currently under negotiation we are certain that Amarinth's business within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will go from strength to strength over the coming years”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380