Amarinth wins $500K order for Solan development project in UK North Sea
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 10 May 2017
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has won an order worth $500K to supply API 610 OH2 booster pumps to Premier Oil for the Solan development project in the UK North Sea.
The API 610 OH2 process water booster pumps with Plan 53B seal support systems will be installed on the Solan platform, located in the North Sea, west of the Shetland Islands, in 135m deep waters. The operator, the British independent oil company Premier Oil, is expected to build up production to between 20,000 and 25,000 barrels of oil per day from the field which has an estimated life of 20 years and has entailed the drilling of four subsea wells, two producers and two water injectors.
The pumps were required on a quick turnaround as they were added to the requirements late in the project and had to fit existing tight space restrictions. Amarinth, already familiar with specifications for the Solan project, provided technical, expertise and resources to the project during the specification phase to ensure the technical requirements could be met and the delivery deadline guaranteed.
Amarinth has also further underlined its continuous strengths in designing bespoke pumps for demanding technical requirements allied to its unique agility to meet the short deadlines such as those often required by the North Sea operators, with the recruitment of Nathan Ireland as new Export Manager. Nathan brings a wealth of experience in water treatment and centrifugal pumps having developed new territories across Europe, Russia and the Caspian for organisations such as Pioneer Pump and Permastore. Within Amarinth he will be responsible for identifying and developing sustainable domestic and international opportunities in support of the strategic growth of the company.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted that Amarinth has been again been selected for an important North Sea field development project. We appreciate that business in this sector has been difficult over the past few years but we continue to work actively with and support the North Sea operators with the best technical solutions delivered on the short lead times that are often required as these projects come back on-stream. We also welcome Nathan to the team who is already busy working on new business opportunities in the North Sea and beyond.”Amarinth-Press-release-Amarinth-API-610-OH2-Solan-North-Sea-Premier-Oil-MP8094-100-RevA
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380