Amarinth win order for Petronas in Malaysia and appoint new Export Sales Manager
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 16 September 2013
Amarinth’s new export sales manager secures low shear pump order from Petronas for the Samerang Enhanced Oil Recovery scheme in Malaysia
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has secured another order from Petronas in Malaysia to supply USD 0.8M of API 610 OH1 pumps to upgrade produced water treatment capacity on the Samerang Enhanced Oil Recovery scheme.
The Samerang Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) scheme in Malaysia was established to extract additional oil from ageing assets. Jason Titmus, recently appointed by Amarinth to add further support to the company’s overseas operations, was instrumental in closing this first order on the project. With a number of existing wells that have been identified for EOR, Amarinth expect to be involved in at least two further installations in the Samerang field.
The EOR scheme creates an increase in produced water from the well and so extra pumping capacity has to be added to the produced water treatment systems. The original platform was designed as an unmanned satellite of limited capacity with the concept that all the major equipment would be driven by gas engines fuelled from gas produced by the well stream.
The API 610 OH1 B-Series pumps, adapted for use with gas engines, had to be capable of low shear duty so that emulsification of the oil and water being pumped was reduced otherwise effective removal of the oil from the water would not be possible. Furthermore, the platform had limited space in which to fit the pump set and the pumps were required on a short lead time to meet the project deadline.
To meet the stringent demands of Petronas on this project, unlike the traditional practice of driving the pumps through a gearbox, Amarinth offered an innovative direct driven pump enabling the company to design a pump that not only met the duty, fit within the available space but at a lower cost than using a gearbox. Amarinth also provided engineering expertise for commissioning and training on site.
Jason Titmus, who closed this order, brings 15 years of experience to Amarinth from Fluke Calibration where he was responsible for driving sustained growth for the company from its strategic customers. Within Amarinth, Jason has assumed responsibility for building on the company’s successes in Malaysia and further accelerating sales in the region.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to welcome Jason to Amarinth as he brings a lot of knowledge and experience that will enable to us to become even stronger in Malaysia, one of our target regions. We are also very pleased to see him so quickly engaged with Petronas on such a high profile project as the Samerang Enhanced Oil Recovery scheme and look forward to more orders as other wells are upgraded.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380
See all of our press releases and find out more about us.