Amarinth win order for Petronas in Malaysia and appoint new Export Sales Manager
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 16 September 2013
Amarinth’s new export sales manager secures low shear pump order from Petronas for the Samerang Enhanced Oil Recovery scheme in Malaysia
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has secured another order from Petronas in Malaysia to supply USD 0.8M of API 610 OH1 pumps to upgrade produced water treatment capacity on the Samerang Enhanced Oil Recovery scheme.
The Samerang Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) scheme in Malaysia was established to extract additional oil from ageing assets. Jason Titmus, recently appointed by Amarinth to add further support to the company’s overseas operations, was instrumental in closing this first order on the project. With a number of existing wells that have been identified for EOR, Amarinth expect to be involved in at least two further installations in the Samerang field.
The EOR scheme creates an increase in produced water from the well and so extra pumping capacity has to be added to the produced water treatment systems. The original platform was designed as an unmanned satellite of limited capacity with the concept that all the major equipment would be driven by gas engines fuelled from gas produced by the well stream.
The API 610 OH1 B-Series pumps, adapted for use with gas engines, had to be capable of low shear duty so that emulsification of the oil and water being pumped was reduced otherwise effective removal of the oil from the water would not be possible. Furthermore, the platform had limited space in which to fit the pump set and the pumps were required on a short lead time to meet the project deadline.
To meet the stringent demands of Petronas on this project, unlike the traditional practice of driving the pumps through a gearbox, Amarinth offered an innovative direct driven pump enabling the company to design a pump that not only met the duty, fit within the available space but at a lower cost than using a gearbox. Amarinth also provided engineering expertise for commissioning and training on site.
Jason Titmus, who closed this order, brings 15 years of experience to Amarinth from Fluke Calibration where he was responsible for driving sustained growth for the company from its strategic customers. Within Amarinth, Jason has assumed responsibility for building on the company’s successes in Malaysia and further accelerating sales in the region.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to welcome Jason to Amarinth as he brings a lot of knowledge and experience that will enable to us to become even stronger in Malaysia, one of our target regions. We are also very pleased to see him so quickly engaged with Petronas on such a high profile project as the Samerang Enhanced Oil Recovery scheme and look forward to more orders as other wells are upgraded.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380