Amarinth secures major order from Pakistan Petroleum
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 6th June 2005
Amarinth’s business agility secures major pump order from Pakistan Petroleum
Amarinth, a UK company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of pumps for the chemical, gas and oil industries has won a significant new overseas order consisting of 10 bespoke pumping units which are destined for Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) of Karachi. PPL, the largest natural gas producer in Pakistan, chose Ranhill as its Contractor for a USD 21M Engineering, Procurement and Construction project. Amarinth secured the pump order from Ranhill for their expertise in this challenging field along with their ability to deliver bespoke pumps to very tight project deadlines.
PPL laid down demanding requirements for the API pumps, which will be installed at its Adhi Gas Processing Plant II situated in the district of Chakwal near Rawalpindi. The pumps will deliver Liquid Petroleum Gas from the refinery to the bottling plant and need to operate at an extremely high suction pressure. Amarinth designed the pumps to handle the resulting thrust which would otherwise have placed additional strain on bearings and brackets. In addition, the fulfilment time required by Ranhill for this equipment was well below the industry norm for API pumps.
Amarinth, who pride themselves on their agility and customer service, were able to design and deliver a bespoke pump for this application in 20% less time than other manufacturers. As the customer’s specification was finalised, Amarinth made their staff available 24 hours a day to offer advice through conference calls with Ranhill in Malaysia. This ensured that all engineering staff engaged with the project had the latest information to hand during their working day, thereby eliminating any delays that might have occurred.
The pumps are currently undergoing final build and testing in the UK. PPL will then send their engineers to Amarinth in order to learn how to install and maintain the pumps before shipment to Pakistan.
Ron Metcalf, Project Director of Ranhill Berhad, commented: “PPL laid down very tight timescales for this project. We are delighted with the professional manner in which Amarinth met their deadlines and also with the responsiveness and design creativity of their team in resolving the particular engineering issues posed by this project.”
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth added: “Our business is about delivering solutions in the most demanding of environments and we are delighted that Ranhill Berhad recognised our abilities and placed this important order with us. We have met the project expectations, both in design and delivery time, which is good news for all parties concerned. We are now looking forwards to welcoming PPL engineers to the UK for their training.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380