Amarinth secures major order from Pakistan Petroleum
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 6th June 2005
Amarinth’s business agility secures major pump order from Pakistan Petroleum
Amarinth, a UK company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of pumps for the chemical, gas and oil industries has won a significant new overseas order consisting of 10 bespoke pumping units which are destined for Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) of Karachi. PPL, the largest natural gas producer in Pakistan, chose Ranhill as its Contractor for a USD 21M Engineering, Procurement and Construction project. Amarinth secured the pump order from Ranhill for their expertise in this challenging field along with their ability to deliver bespoke pumps to very tight project deadlines.
PPL laid down demanding requirements for the API pumps, which will be installed atits Adhi Gas Processing Plant II situated in the district of Chakwal near Rawalpindi. The pumps will deliver Liquid Petroleum Gas from the refinery to the bottling plant and need to operate at an extremely high suction pressure. Amarinth designed the pumps to handle the resulting thrust which would otherwise have placed additional strain on bearings and brackets. In addition, the fulfilment time required by Ranhill for this equipment was well below the industry norm for API pumps.
Amarinth, who pride themselves on their agility and customer service, were able to design and deliver a bespoke pump for this application in 20% less time than other manufacturers. As the customer’s specification was finalised, Amarinth made their staff available 24 hours a day to offer advice through conference calls with Ranhill in Malaysia. This ensured that all engineering staff engaged with the project had the latest information to hand during their working day, thereby eliminating any delays that might have occurred.
The pumps are currently undergoing final build and testing in the UK. PPL will then send their engineers to Amarinth in order to learn how to install and maintain the pumps before shipment to Pakistan.
Ron Metcalf, Project Director of Ranhill Berhad, commented: “PPL laid down very tight timescales for this project. We are delighted with the professional manner in which Amarinth met their deadlines and also with the responsiveness and design creativity of their team in resolving the particular engineering issues posed by this project.”
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth added: “Our business is about delivering solutions in the most demanding of environments and we are delighted that Ranhill Berhad recognised our abilities and placed this important order with us. We have met the project expectations, both in design and delivery time, which is good news for all parties concerned. We are now looking forwards to welcoming PPL engineers to the UK for their training.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380