Amarinth secures 2M Euro order for 40 industrial process pumps from Aker Kvaerner for mega PTA Plant
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 25 February 2009
Amarinth secures €2M order for 40 industrial process pumps from Aker Kvaerner for mega PTA Plant
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of pumps and associated equipment in the industrial, chemical & petrochemical industries, has secured an order in excess of €2M from Aker Kvaerner for 40 centrifugal industrial process pumps to be used in the new mega PTA plant in Portugal.
The pumps will be installed at Artenius' new Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) plant which is being built in Sines, Portugal and will be used in the pumping of both clean fluids and slurry. Aker Kvaerner is providing the engineering, procurement services and construction management to the project.
This new plant, known as a mega PTA plant for its potential to produce one million tonnes of PTA per annum, will be one of the largest of its kind in Europe. It is due to be online in the first quarter of 2010. The PTA produced will be used for the production of polyester, PET resin for packaging, PET films, powder coating resins and synthetic fibres.
Amarinth are supplying a selection of A Series API 610 OH2 and C Series ISO 5199 pumps with installed powers ranging from 5.5KW to 315 KW that will meet the stringent hydraulic requirements for the project. Variable speed control will allow running speeds of between 1450 to 3850 rpm.
Manufactured from a mix of carbon steel and high-alloy duplex stainless steel, the pumps incorporate an innovative sliding baseplate to alleviate some of the piping loads. This baseplate enables the pumps to cope with rapidly changing volumes which would otherwise inject damaging jolts into the plant’s pipework.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, added: “Aker Kvaerner has worked on more than 21 PTA facilities spanning more than 20 years and is currently involved with a number of new PTA plants around the world. Based on our contract performance providing the pumps to meet this demanding application, we are looking forward to providing further pumps to Aker Kvaerner and other contractors of new mega plants around the world.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380