Amarinth gains Petronas approved vendor status
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 04 May 2011
Amarinth gains Petronas approved vendor status and signs Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia as new agent
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the industrial, chemical and petrochemical industries, has gained Petronas approved vendor status and signed Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. as its regional agent.
The significant Malaysian market for the oil and gas industry is now more available to Amarinth for its range of high quality API 610 centrifugal pumps which the company is able to deliver on unrivalled short lead times for onshore and offshore applications. Amarinth has recently been awarded approved vendor status by Petronas, the certification necessary to provide equipment into the majority of the oil and gas projects in the region.
Amarinth worked closely with Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. to achieve the Petronas approval and this led to Amarinth appointing Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia as its agent for Malaysia. Amarinth and Geveke (based in the Netherlands) have a long history of working together on major projects in other parts of the world and both companies identified Malaysia as a significant opportunity for oil and gas projects and so it was a natural step to work together on the Petronas Licencing and Registration process.
Together, the companies will now provide the EPC contractors in the region, such as SBM, Ranhill Worley and Aker which Amarinth already work closely with in other parts of the world, centrifugal horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps. Amarinth has a strong track record of providing pumps for prestigious offshore and onshore oil and gas contracts where quick leadtimes are required and there are space restrictions resulting in the need for pumps that can operate with low Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH), such as found on Floating Production Storage & Offloading (FPSO) vessels. Amarinth has also developed innovative solutions for low shear requirements such as pumping oil suspended in water into filtration systems. The Petronas approval now enables Amarinth to do business with the EPC contractors and their supply chain within Malaysia.
With the conclusion of the Petronas approved vendor status, Amarinth will also be supporting Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia at Oil & Gas Asia 2011 on the 1st – 3rd June on Stand 5409.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth added: “We have been looking to move into the Malaysian market for some time as our range of API pumps are well proven within the oil and gas industry in many other parts of the world, and in many cases are the first choice of pumps amongst EPC contractors and package providers. Gaining Petronas approved vendor status along with signing Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia as our agent will enable us to gain a strong foothold in a number of projects within the region. On approval we immediately received a number of good quality enquiries that we are now following up.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380