Amarinth gains Petronas approved vendor status
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 04 May 2011
Amarinth gains Petronas approved vendor status and signs Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia as new agent
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the industrial, chemical and petrochemical industries, has gained Petronas approved vendor status and signed Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. as its regional agent.
The significant Malaysian market for the oil and gas industry is now more available to Amarinth for its range of high quality API 610 centrifugal pumps which the company is able to deliver on unrivalled short lead times for onshore and offshore applications. Amarinth has recently been awarded approved vendor status by Petronas, the certification necessary to provide equipment into the majority of the oil and gas projects in the region.
Amarinth worked closely with Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. to achieve the Petronas approval and this led to Amarinth appointing Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia as its agent for Malaysia. Amarinth and Geveke (based in the Netherlands) have a long history of working together on major projects in other parts of the world and both companies identified Malaysia as a significant opportunity for oil and gas projects and so it was a natural step to work together on the Petronas Licencing and Registration process.
Together, the companies will now provide the EPC contractors in the region, such as SBM, Ranhill Worley and Aker which Amarinth already work closely with in other parts of the world, centrifugal horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps. Amarinth has a strong track record of providing pumps for prestigious offshore and onshore oil and gas contracts where quick leadtimes are required and there are space restrictions resulting in the need for pumps that can operate with low Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH), such as found on Floating Production Storage & Offloading (FPSO) vessels. Amarinth has also developed innovative solutions for low shear requirements such as pumping oil suspended in water into filtration systems. The Petronas approval now enables Amarinth to do business with the EPC contractors and their supply chain within Malaysia.
With the conclusion of the Petronas approved vendor status, Amarinth will also be supporting Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia at Oil & Gas Asia 2011 on the 1st – 3rd June on Stand 5409.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth added: “We have been looking to move into the Malaysian market for some time as our range of API pumps are well proven within the oil and gas industry in many other parts of the world, and in many cases are the first choice of pumps amongst EPC contractors and package providers. Gaining Petronas approved vendor status along with signing Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia as our agent will enable us to gain a strong foothold in a number of projects within the region. On approval we immediately received a number of good quality enquiries that we are now following up.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380