Amarinth delivers titanium pumps to VWS Westgarth for two FPSO vessels in Brazil
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 1st March 2021
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, LNG, chemical, industrial, power and desalination markets, has delivered an order of titanium pumps to VWS Westgarth that will be installed on two Petrobras FPSOs operating in Brazil.
The order of four pumps from VWS Westgarth, the largest single supplier and operator of sulphate reduction membrane systems, was for chemically enhanced backwash pumps to be installed aboard two Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels operated by Petrobras off the coast of Brazil.
The pumps are ATEX certified for hazardous areas and incorporate auto start stop modules for unattended operation. To handle the highly corrosive fluid, all wetted parts of the pumps are manufactured in titanium, including the casings, impellers and shafts. Titanium is a difficult material to work with and must be cast under a full vacuum using copper crucibles to prevent the molten titanium attacking the crucible walls. The UK has one of only a few foundries in the world with the capability to cast large titanium components. Amarinth worked closely with this UK foundry to ensure an optimum design for the castings to maintain the correct flow of the molten titanium over changes of dimensions and directions.
Furthermore, Amarinth had to deliver the pumps to a tight 28-week deadline amidst the Covid-19 pandemic. Amarinth saw the scale and potential impact of the Covid-19 pandemic early in the outbreak and quickly leveraged its engineering and commercial agility and investment in remote working technologies to make the necessary changes to its business model, ensuring the company could work with its customers and suppliers to maintain critical on time delivery of pump orders.
Despite the engineering challenges, compounded by the Covid-19 pandemic, Amarinth’s strong relationship with its supply chain, and the Covid secure working practices it put in place, enabled the company to design, manufacture and deliver the pumps to meet the 28-week deadline for the project.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to be supplying these pumps to VWS Westgarth. This order once again underlines our expertise in providing high-quality reliable pumps designed to meet the arduous conditions aboard FPSO vessels, along with our world leading capability in designing and manufacturing titanium pumps. With the changes we made to our business model early in the Covid-19 pandemic, we have been able to maintain our enviable on-time delivery record, not only for this order but to all of our customers over this past year.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380