Amarinth delivers low-shear nutshell filtration pumps to Arabian Industries for Sonatrach’s Tinrhert Field Development Project in Algeria
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 26th May 2020
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, LNG, chemical, industrial, power and desalination markets, has delivered an order of pumps to Arabian Industries for a nutshell filtration system at Sonatrach’s Tinrhert Field Development Project, Algeria.
Amarinth has delivered an order of close coupled ATEX compliant horizontal pumps with Plan 13 seal support systems to Arabian Industries, a leading EPC, based in Oman, for a nutshell filtration system being installed in the Tinrhert Field Development Project in south-eastern Algeria. The Tinrhert Fields, which are being developed by Sonatrach, the largest oil and gas exploration and production company in Algeria and Africa, comprise seventeen wet gas fields located around 1,500 kilometres southeast of Algiers.
Arabian Industries approached Amarinth to provide the pumps following several successful projects the two companies had worked on previously. The water produced by the drilling operations is contaminated with oil and so must go through a separation package to remove the oil.
Nutshell filters are used in the final cleaning phase to capture any last remaining oil so that the water can be disposed of in accordance with environmental regulations. The challenge for nutshell filtration to work optimally and capture the last remaining oil is that the pump supplying the process water to the filters must exhibit excellent low shear properties so that the oil and water is not emulsified.
Amarinth has a range of low-shear centrifugal pumps that are proven in use across numerous nutshell filtration systems around the world. The duplex stainless steel pumps and their Plan 13 seal support systems for the Sonatrach project were delivered successfully on an aggressive 26-week schedule that spanned the Christmas period and which included the requisite NDT and NDE witness testing.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted that Arabian Industries once again turned to Amarinth for these pumps underlining the technical excellence of our products, our agility to deliver on short lead times, and the close working relationship and trust we have fostered with many of the end-users, EPCs and contractors delivering oil and gas projects around the world.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380