Amarinth delivers £1.2M of API 610 pumps for the West Qurna-2 expansion project in Iraq
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 22nd August 2022
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low lifecycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment, primarily for the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets, has delivered two separate orders of API 610 pumps totalling £1.2M for the West Qurna-2 expansion project in Iraq.
West Qurna-2, located approximately 65km north-west of the seaport town of Basra, Iraq, is one of the world’s biggest onshore oilfields. The expansion project is expected to increase the production capacity from the current 400,000 barrels oil per day (bpd) to 480,000 bpd, with a target to achieve a total production capacity of 800,000 bpd by 2025.
The first order, from Cannon Artes, was for seven super duplex API 610 OH1 pumps. The bespoke designed pumps are for a low shear application and required specialist Plan 53B seal support systems incorporating air cooled seals and stainless-steel accumulators. All electrical items were IECEx certified for use in an ATEX Zone 2 hazardous area. Despite the on-going global Covid-19 pandemic during the design and manufacture, delivery was achieved in the required time of just 32-weeks from order.
The second order, from SICIM, was for three super duplex API 610 OH3 vertical in-line pumps for produced water treatment. The large pumps had impellers of over 500mm diameter and the casings, that weigh 1.5 tonnes, were cast in a foundry in the United Kingdom. Plan 53B seal support systems were designed to fit within a constrained footprint and as the pumps were destined for an ATEX Zone 2 area, the motors, seal support systems, and instrumentation were IECEx certified. Witness testing and inspection was undertaken by Bureau Veritas and a full legalised Iraq documentation package was delivered with the pumps. Once again, despite the global Covid-19 pandemic, delivery was achieved on a short 38-weeks.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to have delivered these pumps to the West Qurna-2 expansion project, further underlining our commitment to projects in Iraq and the Middle East. We have successfully delivered orders previously to Cannon Artes, but this was the first order Amarinth has received from SICIM, and we look forward to undertaking further business with them in the future.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380