Pump industries first full E-COMMERCE facility launched by Amarinth
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –28th June 2004
Pump industry’s first full e-commerce facility launched by Amarinth
Amarinth a world-leading manufacturer of pumps and associated equipment, today announced the launch of their new e-commerce capability. This unique service within the pump industry allows customers to place orders and track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
With many companies operating their plant and equipment around the clock whilst striving to reduce spare part inventories and downtime, the ability to order critical products or spares at a time to suit their own needs, and be able to track progress of their order, has become a vital component in their leaner operations.
Since being founded two years ago, Amarinth have shaken up the pump industry by applying their world-leading expertise to the design, application and manufacture of pumps, components and systems. Many of their products are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone range of pumps and therefore eliminate the need for expensive pipe modifications when replacements are required.
Not content with designing a leading range of pumps, Amarinth set out to change the industry by providing a sales and support service second to none. The deployment of an MRP system tailored to their industry requirements has already helped Amarinth achieve a 92% on-time delivery, measured by the day – a far cry from the industries traditional tardy deliveries that were generally measured to the nearest week or even month.
Amarinth has now extended this service by providing the industry’s first fully integrated e-commerce capability named the “web enabler”. Customers can log onto the Amarinth website where details of all their products and components are stored. Pumps or spares can be ordered at any time of day or night with immediate feedback as to whether the item is in stock, or if it’s made to order, the lead-time, and the price. For bespoke products or systems, a sophisticated product configurator allows the customer to create and order their desired system, whilst maintaining any product dependencies.
As soon as an order has been placed, the customer can track its progress on-line. The e-commerce facility not only shows the expected delivery date, but for items manufactured to order, the customer can see where their particular order is in one of ten stages; from design into bill of materials through to component order and build. Target dates for completion and shipment are continually updated against those originally quoted and any problems that are identified early in the life of the contract are flagged up so that the customer is immediately aware of any potential change to the completion date. The facility maintains contact with the customer through e-mail and makes requests for information or feedback as required, showing any outstanding requests on the website. Customers can request performance reports on-line, showing order dates, requested delivery dates and actual delivery dates, which is particularly useful for companies needing to comply with ISO9000:2000 supplier evaluations.
Steve Buckley, Amarinth Sales and Marketing Director adds: “We are passionate about exceeding our customers’ expectations. Our new service, which we provide free of charge, is a further step in our commitment to offering innovative, world leading sales and support that changes the way companies think about how they manage their pumping requirements.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380