Amarinth’s focus on Iraq leads to its first order in the region from Global Process Systems (GPS)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 02 January 2013
Amarinth’s focus on Iraq leads to its first order in the region assisted by the appointment of Horizon Development International (Basra) as its agent
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has won its first order in Iraq to supply 12 API 610 OH2 A-Series pumps for the Zubair Initial Production Facility and has appointed Horizon Development International (Basra) as its agent for Iraq.
Amarinth’s first order into Iraq was signed at ADIPEC 2012. The company has secured an order from Global Process Systems to supply 12 API 610 11th edition OH2 A-Series pumps in Super Duplex for the produced water treatment package for the Zubair Initial Production Facility located in Basra in southern Iraq.
Last year, US giant oil services company Weatherford International won the oil field facilities contract that will boost oil production from Iraq's Zubair oil field by some 300,000 bpd. Weatherford awarded Global Process Systems the contract to supply the produced water treatment package and within one month Global Process Systems placed the order with Amarinth for the pumps following the development of a close and successful working relationship on previous projects. The bespoke pumps are required on a tight 24 week delivery, lead times that Amarinth has proven on previous projects in the Middle East it can meet.
Whilst at ADIPEC 2012, Amarinth also finalised the appointment of Horizon Development International (Basra) as its agent for Iraq, further extending its footprint in the Middle East and giving the company direct access to the country’s rapidly expanding oil and gas market.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to have secured our first order in Iraq with the help of our new agent Horizon Development International. We see this as a significant growth region for the next 3-5 years and so it’s especially pleasing to have our first reference there. It is also extremely pleasing to be working with GPS again. We have built up a very good working relationship in the past and we are currently working on other live jobs with GPS for Iraq which we are also hopeful of converting to orders.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380