Amarinth’s focus on Iraq leads to its first order in the region from Global Process Systems (GPS)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 02 January 2013
Amarinth’s focus on Iraq leads to its first order in the region assisted by the appointment of Horizon Development International (Basra) as its agent
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has won its first order in Iraq to supply 12 API 610 OH2 A-Series pumps for the Zubair Initial Production Facility and has appointed Horizon Development International (Basra) as its agent for Iraq.
Amarinth’s first order into Iraq was signed at ADIPEC 2012. The company has secured an order from Global Process Systems to supply 12 API 610 11th edition OH2 A-Series pumps in Super Duplex for the produced water treatment package for the Zubair Initial Production Facility located in Basra in southern Iraq.
Last year, US giant oil services company Weatherford International won the oil field facilities contract that will boost oil production from Iraq's Zubair oil field by some 300,000 bpd. Weatherford awarded Global Process Systems the contract to supply the produced water treatment package and within one month Global Process Systems placed the order with Amarinth for the pumps following the development of a close and successful working relationship on previous projects. The bespoke pumps are required on a tight 24 week delivery, lead times that Amarinth has proven on previous projects in the Middle East it can meet.
Whilst at ADIPEC 2012, Amarinth also finalised the appointment of Horizon Development International (Basra) as its agent for Iraq, further extending its footprint in the Middle East and giving the company direct access to the country’s rapidly expanding oil and gas market.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to have secured our first order in Iraq with the help of our new agent Horizon Development International. We see this as a significant growth region for the next 3-5 years and so it’s especially pleasing to have our first reference there. It is also extremely pleasing to be working with GPS again. We have built up a very good working relationship in the past and we are currently working on other live jobs with GPS for Iraq which we are also hopeful of converting to orders.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380