Amarinth to deliver self-priming API 610 super-duplex pumps to ADMA-OPCO for the SARB3 project
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 23 September 2014
Amarinth to deliver self-priming AP 610 super-duplex pumps to ADMA-OPCO for SARB3 project
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and renewable energy markets, has been awarded a contract to supply 16 API 610 super-duplex pumps, some of which will be self-priming, for use on the ADMA-OPCO SARB3 project.
Following previous successful projects undertaken by Amarinth for ADMA-OPCO, this new contract is to supply 16 API 610 super-duplex pumps in A-series and C-series configurations to be used for various duties including fire water supply and diesel transfer in the ADMA-OPCO Satah al-Razboot (SARB) offshore oil field. The SARB field is located 200km northwest of Abu Dhabi with drilling conducted from two artificial islands. It is expected to add an additional 100,000 barrels per day of oil to the overall oil production capacity of UAE upon commissioning in 2016
The duty of four of the pumps is to lift sea water to the rigs which requires self-priming units so the pumps do not run dry with the subsequent damage this would cause before the water enters the pump at the top of the lift. Amarinth has chosen to deploy an innovative vacuum technology to prime the pumps before operation.
When the centrifugal pump is turned on the vacuum priming unit will be first activated lifting the sea water to the centrifugal pump. The vacuum unit is then switched off via an integrated pressure switch as soon as the centrifugal pump has built up discharge pressure. During operation, should there be any air accumulation and the discharge pressure drop below the switch point of the pressure switch, such as when sea conditions cause the water level to temporarily fall below the inlet level, the vacuum priming unit starts up once again to lift sea water and re-prime the pump.
Using this vacuum technology enables the system to operate remotely with no services other than power, an important requirement for this new field development. The Amarinth vacuum priming method is also very efficient as there are no pump losses at the centrifugal pump compared with traditional integral fluid self-priming systems and furthermore the system has an inherent solids handling capability which is particular important in this offshore environment.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are very pleased to be supplying ADMA-OPCO with our pumps again for this important project. Due to the tight time constraints it has been necessary to prioritise some of the pumps in order to meet the deadlines ADMA-OPCO are working to. Having worked with ADMA-OPCO on previous projects we already had an intimate understanding of its specifications and so we were able to provide a great deal of flexibility in scheduling the build and supply of these pumps to ensure that all project deadlines could be met.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380