Amarinth support Hyundai Heavy Industries again with bespoke ISO 5199 pumps
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 04 July 2016
Amarinth secures order for bespoke pump package from Hyundai Heavy Industries for ADMA-OPCO offshore platform
Amarinth a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has secured an order for bespoke utility and fresh water pumps from Hyundai Heavy Industries for the platform being built for ADMA-OPCO to operate in the Nasr oil field, offshore of Abu Dhabi.
Amarinth has successfully delivered numerous pump packages to ADMA-OPCO in the Middle East and has a sound understanding of the stringent requirements demanded by its specifications. Amarinth has also worked with Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) previously, supplying pumps for BP’s Quad 204 Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessel, and so when HHI required six high specification bespoke pumps the company selected Amarinth following a tendering process and which resulted in Amarinth being the only supplier that could meet the specifications.
The stainless steel utility and chilled water pumps will be installed on an offshore platform being built for ADMA-OPCO to operate in the Nasr Full Field Development Project, 130 km northwest of Abu Dhabi.The specification of the ISO pumps required the same level of diligence that would normally be expected for an API project and so Amarinth were able to guide HHI in understanding and meeting the specification.
The pumps are required to operate at higher temperatures and pressures than normal utility pumps and so are designed with bespoke heavy duty baseplates to meet the vibration requirement stipulated by ADMA-OPCO and have fully enclosed drip pans and bespoke wear rings. The order was completed with a full certification and documentation package, again with a level of content not usually associated with ISO pumps.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “This was an unusual project being for ISO pumps but to a level of specification usually associated with API. We are delighted that HHI selected Amarinth once again for a high-profile project and we are working closely with HHI to deliver pumps that will once again meet the exacting expectations of ADMA-OPCO.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380