Amarinth supplies interchangeable vertical pump for the Karachaganak Field Development Project, Kazakhstan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 2nd June 2021
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low lifecycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; desalination, process and industrial markets, has won an order from Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO) in Kazakhstan, through its agent Industrial Systems Group (ISG), for an ISO 5199 vertical pump to replace an existing Girdlestone pump.
The Karachaganak oil and gas condensate field is the biggest gas condensate field in Kazakhstan and is owned and operated by Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO). The onshore field is spread over more than 280km2 near Aksai, in northwest Kazakhstan.
When an existing Girdlestone vertical pump installed in the 1980’s had come to the end of its life, KPO approached Industrial Systems Group (ISG) for a replacement. ISG is a premier supplier of high-quality equipment for the oil & gas and associated industries in the Caspian region, and the leading company for handling such issues. To minimise the downtime and the costs associated with changing mountings and pipework, a dimensionally and hydraulically interchangeable pump was required.
Amarinth has developed a range of pumps that are directly interchangeable with Girdlestone pumps and Amarinth products are already EAC Certified, a requirement to provide equipment into the EAC Economic Union of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan. Amarinth is also confident handling the complex GOST-K Certificate of Conformity documentary evidence required by Kazakhstan law to prove that equipment meets Kazakhstan requirements and standards, and the company has proven expertise in delivering against short lead time bespoke projects in the region, including a previous order for KPO.
ISG, as the long-standing agent for Amarinth in the region, was able to draw on all Amarinth’s expertise to supply a new ISO 5199 vertical pump on a 30-week delivery that is fully interchangeable with the old Girdlestone pump. The pump will be supplied with a bespoke external lubrication system and manufactured in stainless steel with 3.1 material certification, meeting all the KPO requirements. KPO will now benefit from a further 25+ years of service life with a pump that is fully supported with availability of spare parts.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to have secured this second order from KPO working in partnership with our agent ISG and we look forward to further orders as we continue to develop our presence in Caspian region.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380