Amarinth supplies interchangeable vertical pump for the Karachaganak Field Development Project, Kazakhstan
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 2nd June 2021
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low lifecycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; desalination, process and industrial markets, has won an order from Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO) in Kazakhstan, through its agent Industrial Systems Group (ISG), for an ISO 5199 vertical pump to replace an existing Girdlestone pump.
The Karachaganak oil and gas condensate field is the biggest gas condensate field in Kazakhstan and is owned and operated by Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO). The onshore field is spread over more than 280km2 near Aksai, in northwest Kazakhstan.
When an existing Girdlestone vertical pump installed in the 1980’s had come to the end of its life, KPO approached Industrial Systems Group (ISG) for a replacement. ISG is a premier supplier of high-quality equipment for the oil & gas and associated industries in the Caspian region, and the leading company for handling such issues. To minimise the downtime and the costs associated with changing mountings and pipework, a dimensionally and hydraulically interchangeable pump was required.
Amarinth has developed a range of pumps that are directly interchangeable with Girdlestone pumps and Amarinth products are already EAC Certified, a requirement to provide equipment into the EAC Economic Union of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan. Amarinth is also confident handling the complex GOST-K Certificate of Conformity documentary evidence required by Kazakhstan law to prove that equipment meets Kazakhstan requirements and standards, and the company has proven expertise in delivering against short lead time bespoke projects in the region, including a previous order for KPO.
ISG, as the long-standing agent for Amarinth in the region, was able to draw on all Amarinth’s expertise to supply a new ISO 5199 vertical pump on a 30-week delivery that is fully interchangeable with the old Girdlestone pump. The pump will be supplied with a bespoke external lubrication system and manufactured in stainless steel with 3.1 material certification, meeting all the KPO requirements. KPO will now benefit from a further 25+ years of service life with a pump that is fully supported with availability of spare parts.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to have secured this second order from KPO working in partnership with our agent ISG and we look forward to further orders as we continue to develop our presence in Caspian region.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380