Amarinth supplies bespoke API 610 VS4 and OH2 pumps to the ADNOC Bu Haseer full field development project
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 21st April 2021
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low life cycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; desalination, process and industrial markets, has delivered two API 610 VS4 vertical pumps and two API 610 OH2 horizontal pumps to the ADNOC Bu Haseer full field development project.
The Bu Haseer oil and gas field is located between Das and Zirku Islands, offshore Abu Dhabi, UAE. Bu Haseer is the first of five new offshore fields being developed which together are expected to produce approximately 1.5 billion barrels of oil, while a further onshore area of 7,800km², which is approximately double the size of Dubai, is currently under exploration and development. Bu Haseer is being developed in two phases, an early production system (EPS), which commenced operations in 2018, and the second the full field development (FFD) phase, which comes online in 2020.
The API 610 VS4 vertical pumps were specified for hazardous open drains in a space restricted area and so Amarinth leveraged its expertise on other similar projects to develop a bespoke design where the super duplex vertical pumps could be split into sections for shipping and then assembled within the available space on site. The pumps were manufactured in super duplex stainless steel to handle the sour and toxic fluid, which includes high levels of Mono Ethylene Glycol (MEG), Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) and high chloride concentration.
The API 610 OH2 horizontal pumps consisted of a scrubber condensate pump and a production separator pump. Specified with a 600lb flange rating, which is double the usual for this type of pump, Amarinth once again used its experience gained in previous demanding projects to deliver a bespoke pump to meet the required rating. The OH2 pumps were manufactured in S6 austenitic stainless steel with chrome impellers to handle the aggressive mix of hydrocarbons, H2S and high chloride concentration in the water. After the pumps had been delivered, Amarinth engineers travelled to Bu Haseer to assist with commissioning.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to have delivered and assisted with the commissioning of this package of bespoke API 610 VS4 vertical and OH2 horizontal pumps for this full field development project. We look forward to further orders for the pumping requirements of Bu Haseer and the new fields as they are developed.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380