Amarinth supplies bespoke API 610 VS4 and OH2 pumps to the ADNOC Bu Haseer full field development project
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 21st April 2021
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low life cycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; desalination, process and industrial markets, has delivered two API 610 VS4 vertical pumps and two API 610 OH2 horizontal pumps to the ADNOC Bu Haseer full field development project.
The Bu Haseer oil and gas field is located between Das and Zirku Islands, offshore Abu Dhabi, UAE. Bu Haseer is the first of five new offshore fields being developed which together are expected to produce approximately 1.5 billion barrels of oil, while a further onshore area of 7,800km², which is approximately double the size of Dubai, is currently under exploration and development. Bu Haseer is being developed in two phases, an early production system (EPS), which commenced operations in 2018, and the second the full field development (FFD) phase, which comes online in 2020.
The API 610 VS4 vertical pumps were specified for hazardous open drains in a space restricted area and so Amarinth leveraged its expertise on other similar projects to develop a bespoke design where the super duplex vertical pumps could be split into sections for shipping and then assembled within the available space on site. The pumps were manufactured in super duplex stainless steel to handle the sour and toxic fluid, which includes high levels of Mono Ethylene Glycol (MEG), Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) and high chloride concentration.
The API 610 OH2 horizontal pumps consisted of a scrubber condensate pump and a production separator pump. Specified with a 600lb flange rating, which is double the usual for this type of pump, Amarinth once again used its experience gained in previous demanding projects to deliver a bespoke pump to meet the required rating. The OH2 pumps were manufactured in S6 austenitic stainless steel with chrome impellers to handle the aggressive mix of hydrocarbons, H2S and high chloride concentration in the water. After the pumps had been delivered, Amarinth engineers travelled to Bu Haseer to assist with commissioning.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to have delivered and assisted with the commissioning of this package of bespoke API 610 VS4 vertical and OH2 horizontal pumps for this full field development project. We look forward to further orders for the pumping requirements of Bu Haseer and the new fields as they are developed.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380