Amarinth sescures first order from Hyundai Heavy Industries for Quad 204 FPSO
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 27 May 2013
Amarinth secures first order in Korea from Hyundai Heavy Industries for API 610 VS4 pumps on BP’s Quad 204 FPSO
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has secured its first order in Korea from Hyundai Heavy Industries for API 610 VS4 vertical sump pumps to be installed on BP’s Quad 204 FPSO destined for operations in the North Sea.
Amarinth, working with agent Firscomp Co Ltd in Korea, secured the order from Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) for the API 610 VS4 vertical sump pumps following a previous order Amarinth had already won for the API 610 OH2 pumps with Plan 53B buffer fluid seal support systems. The pumps will operate the produced water treatment and reservoir pressure maintenance re-injection package on BP’s Quad 204 Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel.
This new project called for two 7m long stainless steel API 610 VS4 vertical pumps to be used within the dosing system for the storage and removal of sodium nitrate. Due to the complexity of the specification, interest from other suppliers was low in supporting HHI with these crucial pumps.
Following its previous successful project and the experience gained regarding the complexity and demands in delivering to the Quad 204 FPSO, Amarinth was recommended by BP to HHI for the supply of these API 610 VS4 vertical sump pumps. BP has extremely demanding foundry and supplier approval audit standards that Amarinth had successfully met on previous projects and this was a key factor in BP’s recommendation.
In addition to the challenging technical specifications, the pumps were also required on a particularly tight 28 week delivery time to meet the timescales of the overall project, something Amarinth regularly fulfil.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director at Amarinth, commented: “We are extremely pleased that BP was able to recommend us to Hyundai Heavy Industries for this order. We specialise in being able to provide high-specification engineered solutions to resolve challenging problems that other suppliers will often not get involved in and this latest order, our first in Korea, underlines the success of our approach. We look forward to further developing our presence in the region as part of our Far East strategic development.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380