Amarinth sescures first order from Hyundai Heavy Industries for Quad 204 FPSO
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 27 May 2013
Amarinth secures first order in Korea from Hyundai Heavy Industries for API 610 VS4 pumps on BP’s Quad 204 FPSO
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has secured its first order in Korea from Hyundai Heavy Industries for API 610 VS4 vertical sump pumps to be installed on BP’s Quad 204 FPSO destined for operations in the North Sea.
Amarinth, working with agent Firscomp Co Ltd in Korea, secured the order from Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) for the API 610 VS4 vertical sump pumps following a previous order Amarinth had already won for the API 610 OH2 pumps with Plan 53B buffer fluid seal support systems. The pumps will operate the produced water treatment and reservoir pressure maintenance re-injection package on BP’s Quad 204 Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel.
This new project called for two 7m long stainless steel API 610 VS4 vertical pumps to be used within the dosing system for the storage and removal of sodium nitrate. Due to the complexity of the specification, interest from other suppliers was low in supporting HHI with these crucial pumps.
Following its previous successful project and the experience gained regarding the complexity and demands in delivering to the Quad 204 FPSO, Amarinth was recommended by BP to HHI for the supply of these API 610 VS4 vertical sump pumps. BP has extremely demanding foundry and supplier approval audit standards that Amarinth had successfully met on previous projects and this was a key factor in BP’s recommendation.
In addition to the challenging technical specifications, the pumps were also required on a particularly tight 28 week delivery time to meet the timescales of the overall project, something Amarinth regularly fulfil.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director at Amarinth, commented: “We are extremely pleased that BP was able to recommend us to Hyundai Heavy Industries for this order. We specialise in being able to provide high-specification engineered solutions to resolve challenging problems that other suppliers will often not get involved in and this latest order, our first in Korea, underlines the success of our approach. We look forward to further developing our presence in the region as part of our Far East strategic development.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380