Amarinth secures order to supply API 610 OH1 self-priming pumps and VS4 pumps to Abu Dhabi International Airport
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 20 October 2014
Amarinth secures order to supply API 610 OH1 and VS4 self-priming pumps to Abu Dhabi International Airport
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and renewable energy markets, has secured an order out of its new Dubai office for API 610 OH1 and VS4 self-priming pumps to move aviation fuel around the Abu Dhabi International Airport as part of the ADIA Expansion Project.
Amarinth recently opened a new office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), following rapid growth of its Middle East business. Managed by Tarek Helamieh, the team have just won their first order to provide API 610 OH1 and VS4 self-priming pumps to Abu Dhabi International Airport (ADIA) working closely with Larsen & Toubro, with whom Amarinth has a good relationship already.
Larsen & Toubro was awarded the EPC contract by Takreer, a subsidiary of state owned Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, for raising the storage capacity and providing additional distribution of aviation fuel as part of the ADIA Expansion project. The airport is expanding its terminal facilities to take a larger share of the global airline market, increasing capacity from the current 7 million passengers a year to more than 40 million a year when the new terminal facilities and stands are completed.
Amarinth will be supplying its API 610 OH1 B Series pumps and its renowned API 610 VS4 vertical pumps to move aviation fuel from the fuel depot around the terminals to the jet refuelling points. The duties also required Amarinth to undertake bespoke design work on the baseplates.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We have a good relationship with Larsen and Toubro and are pleased that as EPC for increasing the storage capacity and providing distribution of jet fuel for this important project in the United Arab Emirates that they entrusted our pumps with the task of ensuring jet fuel reaches the refuelling points at the terminals. We look forward to further opportunities to provide pumping solutions into the AIDI Expansion project and other prestigious projects in the Middle East from our new Dubai office.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380