Amarinth secures order to supply API 610 OH1 self-priming pumps and VS4 pumps to Abu Dhabi International Airport
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 20 October 2014
Amarinth secures order to supply API 610 OH1 and VS4 self-priming pumps to Abu Dhabi International Airport
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and renewable energy markets, has secured an order out of its new Dubai office for API 610 OH1 and VS4 self-priming pumps to move aviation fuel around the Abu Dhabi International Airport as part of the ADIA Expansion Project.
Amarinth recently opened a new office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), following rapid growth of its Middle East business. Managed by Tarek Helamieh, the team have just won their first order to provide API 610 OH1 and VS4 self-priming pumps to Abu Dhabi International Airport (ADIA) working closely with Larsen & Toubro, with whom Amarinth has a good relationship already.
Larsen & Toubro was awarded the EPC contract by Takreer, a subsidiary of state owned Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, for raising the storage capacity and providing additional distribution of aviation fuel as part of the ADIA Expansion project. The airport is expanding its terminal facilities to take a larger share of the global airline market, increasing capacity from the current 7 million passengers a year to more than 40 million a year when the new terminal facilities and stands are completed.
Amarinth will be supplying its API 610 OH1 B Series pumps and its renowned API 610 VS4 vertical pumps to move aviation fuel from the fuel depot around the terminals to the jet refuelling points. The duties also required Amarinth to undertake bespoke design work on the baseplates.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We have a good relationship with Larsen and Toubro and are pleased that as EPC for increasing the storage capacity and providing distribution of jet fuel for this important project in the United Arab Emirates that they entrusted our pumps with the task of ensuring jet fuel reaches the refuelling points at the terminals. We look forward to further opportunities to provide pumping solutions into the AIDI Expansion project and other prestigious projects in the Middle East from our new Dubai office.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380