Amarinth secures order from ZADCO for API 610 OH3 pump with cost-effective design and project management process
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 17 August 2017
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has secured an order from ZADCO for a super duplex API 610 OH3 pump, and utilising video conferencing significantly reduced project cost.
When the Zakum Development Company (ZADCO) required an emergency seawater sanitary pump for the Upper Zakum Offshore Oil Field Development, it once again turned to Amarinth, which has provided pumps to numerous ZADCO projects, for a solution. Upper Zakum is located approximately 84km offshore to the north-west of Abu Dhabi and is the second largest offshore oilfield and fourth largest oilfield in the world, currently producing 640,000 barrels of oil a day.
The project was being run to a tight budget and so Amarinth proposed reducing costs by minimising travel between the UK and UAE for both organisations through its state-of-the-art video conferencing facility. In the UAE, the video conferencing was hosted at NAMA, who are Amarinth’s agent in the UAE, enabling all parties to work together as one.
Technical and project meetings were conducted via video conferencing which enabled all personnel associated with the project to work together in real time. Shared screens allowed design information to be interacted with by all and project and commercial discussions were concluded quickly and with greater clarity than the traditional multiple rounds of physical meetings. The video conferencing also delivered more flexibility, with adjournments as needed and then reconvening when ready with minimal delays.
Working closely together in this way allowed Amarinth to quickly understand the process and directly design the footprint into the process design for maximum cost savings. Amarinth was also able to spend more time walking through and explaining cost variations alongside the design decisions with ZADCO at an early stage, minimising the risk of additional costs or surprises later in the project.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “As the oil and gas industry seeks to reduce costs, it is not only in the product design that we can deliver against this but also in the way we conduct business. Both ZADCO and ourselves were delighted with the savings made on this project utilising our video conferencing suite across all stages of the project and we look forward to working with other customers in the same way so that they too can realise the benefits.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380