Amarinth secures order for bespoke pump package from CCTC for ADMA-OPCO offshore platform
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 31 March 2017
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has secured an order for bespoke HVAC chilled water pumps from CCTC in the United Arab Emirates for the platform being built for ADMA-OPCO to operate in the Nasr oil field, offshore of Abu Dhabi.
Amarinth has successfully delivered numerous pump packages to ADMA-OPCO in the Middle East including a similar one recently from Hyundai Heavy Industries for this platform. With such a sound understanding of the stringent requirements demanded by ADMA-OPCO and following a recommendation by ADMA-OPCO, Amarinth worked closely with CCTC on securing this new project for six high specification bespoke pumps which are to be supplied on a very aggressive 18 week delivery.
The stainless steel HVAC chilled water pumps will be installed on the offshore platform being built for ADMA-OPCO to operate in the Nasr Full Field Development Project, 130 km northwest of Abu Dhabi. The specification of the ISO pumps required the same level of diligence that would normally be expected for an API project and so Amarinth was able to draw on its long-standing API experience and skills in understanding and meeting the specification.
The pumps are required to operate at higher temperatures and pressures than normal utility pumps and so are designed with bespoke heavy duty baseplates to meet the vibration requirement stipulated by ADMA-OPCO and have fully enclosed drip pans and bespoke wear rings. The order includes a full certification and documentation package, again with a level of content usually associated with API pumps.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted that once again ADMA-OPCO has recommended Amarinth to its engineering and construction partners. Although these were HVAC chilled water ISO pumps, the specification from ADMA–OPCO was very similar to that of API and so working closely with CCTC we have been able to draw on all of our expertise to design and manufacture these pumps using the same processes and procedures we would apply to any other API pump whilst still meeting the incredibly short 18 week delivery time.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380