Amarinth secures order for bespoke pump package from CCTC for ADMA-OPCO offshore platform
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 31 March 2017
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has secured an order for bespoke HVAC chilled water pumps from CCTC in the United Arab Emirates for the platform being built for ADMA-OPCO to operate in the Nasr oil field, offshore of Abu Dhabi.
Amarinth has successfully delivered numerous pump packages to ADMA-OPCO in the Middle East including a similar one recently from Hyundai Heavy Industries for this platform. With such a sound understanding of the stringent requirements demanded by ADMA-OPCO and following a recommendation by ADMA-OPCO, Amarinth worked closely with CCTC on securing this new project for six high specification bespoke pumps which are to be supplied on a very aggressive 18 week delivery.
The stainless steel HVAC chilled water pumps will be installed on the offshore platform being built for ADMA-OPCO to operate in the Nasr Full Field Development Project, 130 km northwest of Abu Dhabi. The specification of the ISO pumps required the same level of diligence that would normally be expected for an API project and so Amarinth was able to draw on its long-standing API experience and skills in understanding and meeting the specification.
The pumps are required to operate at higher temperatures and pressures than normal utility pumps and so are designed with bespoke heavy duty baseplates to meet the vibration requirement stipulated by ADMA-OPCO and have fully enclosed drip pans and bespoke wear rings. The order includes a full certification and documentation package, again with a level of content usually associated with API pumps.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted that once again ADMA-OPCO has recommended Amarinth to its engineering and construction partners. Although these were HVAC chilled water ISO pumps, the specification from ADMA–OPCO was very similar to that of API and so working closely with CCTC we have been able to draw on all of our expertise to design and manufacture these pumps using the same processes and procedures we would apply to any other API pump whilst still meeting the incredibly short 18 week delivery time.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380