Amarinth secures first order from Terra Energy for API 610 pumps for Kerteh Refinery, Malaysia
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 7th May 2019
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has secured its first order of API 610 pumps through its new Malaysian agent, Terra Energy Sdn.Bhd, for Petronas Penapisan.
The order, for API 610 11th edition OH2 pumps, is to replace existing API 610 8th edition, Japanese manufactured, Shin Nippon pumps at the Petronas Penapisan operated Kerteh Refinery. Located in Terengganu, Malaysia this plant refines indigenous crude oil into high value petroleum products for domestic and export markets.
The new pumps are a bespoke design with a reduced size baseplate to provide a direct fit into the existing plant and pipework thereby reducing downtime during installation. The D1 Duplex pumps will be used in one of the caustic processes and are designed to hazardous area compliance Ex nA II T3 X. They will be completed on a 24-week delivery schedule. Terra Energy are delivering all associated pipework modifications and extended support.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to receive this first order from our new agent Terry Energy in Malaysia. Over the past few years we have provided pumping solutions to various Petronas companies, but Petronas Penapisan is new to us and we look forward to receiving more orders with Terry Energy for both the Kerteh Refinery in addition to other projects in Malaysia.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380