Amarinth secures first order from Terra Energy for API 610 pumps for Kerteh Refinery, Malaysia
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 7th May 2019
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has secured its first order of API 610 pumps through its new Malaysian agent, Terra Energy Sdn.Bhd, for Petronas Penapisan.
The order, for API 610 11th edition OH2 pumps, is to replace existing API 610 8th edition, Japanese manufactured, Shin Nippon pumps at the Petronas Penapisan operated Kerteh Refinery. Located in Terengganu, Malaysia this plant refines indigenous crude oil into high value petroleum products for domestic and export markets.
The new pumps are a bespoke design with a reduced size baseplate to provide a direct fit into the existing plant and pipework thereby reducing downtime during installation. The D1 Duplex pumps will be used in one of the caustic processes and are designed to hazardous area compliance Ex nA II T3 X. They will be completed on a 24-week delivery schedule. Terra Energy are delivering all associated pipework modifications and extended support.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to receive this first order from our new agent Terry Energy in Malaysia. Over the past few years we have provided pumping solutions to various Petronas companies, but Petronas Penapisan is new to us and we look forward to receiving more orders with Terry Energy for both the Kerteh Refinery in addition to other projects in Malaysia.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380