Amarinth secures API 610 VS4 pump order for El Merk processing facility in Algeria
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 3rd December 2020
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, LNG, chemical, industrial, power and desalination markets, has secured an order from Groupement Berkine Sonatrach Anaderko for the El Merk processing facility in Algeria.
The El Merk facility is in the southern part of the Berkine Basin which currently comprises four oil and gas fields and is located approximately 300 km southeast of Hassi Messaoud in a harsh remote area of the Algerian Sahara Desert. The El Merk mega project is expected to produce oil and natural gas for the next 30 to 40 years.
Although Amarinth has supplied pumps previously to both Sonatrach, the largest oil and gas exploration and production company in Algeria and Africa, and the El Mark facility, this order is the first taken by Itai Choto, Amarinth’s recently appointed permanent Sales Manager for the Africa Territory, and underlines Amarinth’s decision to invest further in Africa. The order is for an API 610 VS4 vertical pump for closed drain drum pump duties in one of the El Mark Oil Trains. The pump will be ATEX certified for use in the hazardous area.
In securing this order, Amarinth worked closely with UK Trade & Investment (UKTI). This UK Government Department helps UK-based companies succeed globally and has a strong focus on further strengthening the UK trade and investment relationship with Africa.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted that Itai Choto has taken his first order from Groupement Berkine Sonatrach Anaderko. With our recent focus and investment in the African Territory, and our proven ability to delivery API 610 pumps into the developing oil and gas projects, we are looking forward to continuing to work closely with all end-users, EPCs and contractors in the region.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380