Amarinth secures a further $5.5m of pump orders in the Abu Dhabi region
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 25 July 2012
Amarinth secures a further $5.5M of pump orders in the Abu Dhabi region
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the industrial, chemical and petrochemical industries has secured orders totalling $5.5M from the National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) in Abu Dhabi.
Drawing on its considerable experience and success of engineering pumps for North Sea operators, coupled with its recent strong growth in the Middle East, Amarinth has won four new orders from NPCC over the past months to supply pumps into both offshore and onshore projects. Amarinth has worked closely with Nama Development Enterprises, its agent for Abu Dhabi, to win this business and the long partnership has now produced a significant number of new pump orders for Amarinth in the region.
These latest pumps will be used on two major projects. The first will see Amarinth supplying API 610 A series and C Series pumps to the Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (ADMA-OPCO) for use on the offshore Zakum Central Super Complex (ZCSC) Demothballing Project to increase oil production capacity from Zakum Field from 2012 onwards.
The pumps, manufactured in a combination of super-duplex and stainless steel, have had a number of bespoke design changes to meet the project requirements, such as base plates to fit the existing layout of the platform and modifications to existing casing designs to accommodate higher maximum allowable working pressures.
Following on from Amarinth’s previous success supplying the Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO), the remaining orders are for the same end user for two different parts of its ‘1.8 Million Project’. This will increase Abu Dhabi’s onshore oil production capacity from 1.4 to 1.8 million barrels per day and involves the development of four major oil fields. The first two phases cover work on the Bab-Thamama G/Habshan II and Qushawira fields, both of which have been awarded to NPCC.
For Bab Thamama, Amarinth’s scope is for 30 API 610 process pumps including VS4 and OH2 pumps, all manufactured with Inconel shafting to withstand the extremely harsh H2S rich environment. Amarinth also provided a flexible approach to financing this fast track project working closely with both its client and UK bank, Lloyds Banking Group, to ensure that all parties achieved their individual requirements for this project.
On the Qushawira part of the project, Amarinth’s scope was solely for vertical VS4 pumps on similarly demanding applications – once again underlining Amarinth’s growing reputation as a market leader in this particular pump type.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director or Amarinth commented: “Securing these orders in quick succession has underlined our ability to deliver a high volume of bespoke pumping solutions on short lead-times to the oil and gas industry and has further strengthened our relationship with Nama Development Enterprises. Whilst the industry globally is suffering from extended lead-times due to delays at the foundries caused by an overload of projects, we are still able to offer the shortest lead-times in the industry to our customers for these types of bespoke pumps. With that in mind, we are particularly delighted that we are seeing repeat business from ADCO.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380