Amarinth secures £550k order for North Sea Quad 204 FPSO
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 14 November 2012
Amarinth secures £550K order for API 610 water treatment pumps for new North Sea Quad 204 FPSO
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets has secured an order for five of API 610 pumps to be installed on the new Quad 204 FPSO currently under construction and destined for the North Sea.
Amarinth will supply the five API 610 OH2 A-Series super duplex pumps with Plan 53B buffer fluid seal support systems mounted on bespoke baseplates to the new Quad 204 Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel. The pumps will be installed in the produced water treatment and reservoir pressure maintenance re-injection package being provided by M-I SWACO. The Quad 204 FPSO project will set a new benchmark in FPSO operability, maintainability, reliability and operational safety when it comes into operation in 2013 to replace the existing BP Schiehallion FPSO.
In March, the UK government pledged its support to oil and gas firms by introducing a £3bn tax allowance for opening up new fields west of Shetland, the last area of the basin left to be developed. Located in deep water, these fields are technically challenging and dangerous to operate in but they contain an estimated 20% of the country’s remaining reserves.
Amarinth was approached to supply the pumps for this prestigious Quad 204 FPSO project for its expertise and track record in providing reliable pumps that meet the demanding requirements of deep water off shore oil and gas operators.
Harry Coldrey, UK OEM Sales Manager at Amarinth, worked closely with M-I SWACO and BP and initiated an upfront engineering study of the water treatment requirements and FPSO vessel restrictions. Following this consultation Amarinth undertook the design work in a three-way consultation with John Crane and BP engineers to develop an integrated pump and seal support system package on a bespoke baseplate that could be accommodated within the very restricted deck space of the vessel. The seal support system was mounted to the baseplate in an unusual arrangement and so the baseplate had to undergo extensive analysis during the design to ensure that it had the required stiffness and met the stringent noise and vibration specifications.
The Quad FPSO hull is being built in Korea and then fitted out in Singapore before being sailed to the Shetland Isles whist undergoing commissioning on-route for operational duties during the second half of 2013.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are very pleased to have been asked to supply the water treatment pumps for this new state-of-the-art FPSO vessel. It builds on the relationship we have developed over number of previous projects with both M-I SWACO and BP. It is also Harry’s first major order for Amarinth, and he is now working on a number of opportunities for North Sea operators as a result of the increased investment in the region. We’re also pleased to have just won a second order for VS4 pumps from Hyundai Heavy Industries for the same project.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380