Amarinth has secured three new orders from Statoil, the leading operator on the Norwegian continental shelf in the North Sea
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 26 November 2013
Amarinth increases its foothold in the Norwegian oil and gas sector with multiple pump orders from Statoil
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has secured three new orders this year from Statoil, the leading operator on the Norwegian continental shelf in the North Sea.
Working closely with Axflow, the largest distributor of positive displacement pumps in Europe, Amarinth followed an initial order from Statoil that was successfully completed earlier in the year with a second order to supply pumps for use in the Oseberg oil field on a very tight 24 week delivery. Amarinth then quickly secured a third order from Statoil to supply close coupled motor pumps in 316 stainless steel with API 682 seal support systems for use in the Gullfaks field, this time on a challenging 30 week delivery.
Statoil requires its suppliers to follow strict processes and manage their supply chain stringently. This includes compliance with Norsok M650 which establishes a set of qualification requirements to verify that the manufacturer has sufficient competence and experience of the relevant material grades and necessary facilities and equipment to manufacture to the required shapes and sizes with acceptable properties. The foundries used to manufacture the castings also have to be approved by Statoil.
Amarinth has established close working relationships with its own supply chain and had already ensured that all of the foundries used by the company in the UK are approved by Statoil. With its tight control on the whole design and manufacturing process, Amarinth was easily able to comply with Statoil requirements, a feat not easily achieved by a company based outside of Norway.
With the recent announcement by the Norwegian oil giant that it will be investing £18bn over the next 45 years in exploration and production in the North Sea, Amarinth has proven itself more than capable of meeting Statoil’s requirements and so is well poised to provide its pumping solutions into many more projects managed by the state-owned company.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are very pleased with these latest orders which underline our commitment to provide North Sea oil and gas operators and contractors the best pumping solutions on the timescales they need to deliver against their project deadlines. There has been an enormous increase in planned investment from both the UK and Norway with a resulting resurgence of activity in the North Sea of late and we are continuing to work hard to ensure that Amarinth stays at the forefront of providing pumping solutions for these new exploration and production projects.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380