Amarinth moves a step closer to becoming the world’s first IECEx compliant mechanically sealed pump manufacturer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 15th November 2021
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low lifecycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment, primarily for the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets, has cleared a further hurdle in its journey to become the world’s first IECEx compliant mechanically sealed pump manufacturer.
IECEx is the IEC System for Certification to Standards Relating to Equipment for Use in Explosive Atmospheres. It uses quality assessment specifications that are based on International Standards prepared by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). The IEC has been active in driving plant operators and end-users to adopt IECEx across all electrical and non-electrical equipment and therefore package providers and contractors are now being asked to provide IECEx certified non-electrical equipment, which given that most non-electrical equipment manufacturers have not even started the process to become IECEx certified can prove difficult to source. Unlike ATEX, all equipment that is IECEx certified must be independently tested and certified to carry the IECEx certificate, and there is only one certificate with restrictions on use stated in the notes and no differentiation by explosion risk zones.
Amarinth was being approached more regularly by customers asking for non-electrical equipment to be IECEx certified instead of, or in addition to, the usual ATEX certification. The company therefore decided it was time to embark on gaining IECEx certification and in so doing intends to be the world’s first IECEx compliant API 610 / ISO 5199 mechanically sealed pump manufacturer.
The IECEx certification process is comprehensive. In addition to ensuring the requirements of IECEx are covered by any existing quality system, such as ISO 9001, it includes achieving compliance with several other ISO standards. Assessment of overall compliance with IECEx and of the product technical file is then undertaken by an independent notified body before final certification of the company and its products to the IECEx standard.
Amarinth has recently completed its certification to ISO 80079/34 as part of its IECEx strategic project taking it one step closer to IECEx compliance. ISO 80079/34 is the quality management system specific to IECEx that specifies requirements and information for establishing and maintaining a quality management system to manufacture products for use in an explosive atmosphere in accordance with the certificates. This is in addition to Amarinth’s existing 9001 certification.
There are now two remaining standards that Amarinth is progressing regarding the products, ISO 80079/36 and ISO 80079/37, which cover the requirements for the design and construction of non-electrical equipment intended for use in explosive atmospheres. Once these are completed, approved and certified, which is expected to be by the end of this year, Amarinth will have completed all the necessary steps to become the world’s first IECEx compliant mechanically sealed pump manufacturer.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “Despite the many difficulties caused by the global Covid-19 pandemic, we have continued with our progress to become IECEx compliant. We are now confident of achieving this very soon, which will give our customers the ability to purchase fully IECEx compliant API 610 and ISO 5199 pumps.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380