Amarinth lands further orders in Iraq for the Zubair Initial Production facility
IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 11 October 2013
Amarinth lands further orders for the Zubair Initial Production Facility in Iraq
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has secured a new order in Iraq to supply a further eight API 610 OH2 A-Series pumps to the Zubair Initial Production Facility.
Last year, working with its agent in the region Horizon Development International, Amarinth secured its first business in Iraq to provide twelve API 610 11th edition Super Duplex OH2 A-Series pumps in Super Duplex for the produced water treatment package for the Zubair Initial Production Facility located in Basra in southern Iraq.
Following the successful delivery of those pumps on a short 24 week delivery, US giant oil services company Weatherford International, which holds the oil field facilities contract for Iraq’s Zubair oil field, placed a further order for eight pumps to the same specification, on the same 24 week delivery.
This brings the total order value of pumps supplied by Amarinth to the Zubair Initial Production Facility to over $1.5M. Amarinth are also in on-going discussions with Weatherford International to supply more pumps to the same project.
Iraq is proving to be a rapidly expanding market for suppliers to the oil and gas industry and Amarinth has been building quickly on its initial successes. The company has received approved vendor status from both Lukoil (Russia’s second largest oil company) and ENI and is progressing opportunities in the region with Iraq’s state owned oil companies South Oil Company and Midland Oil Company.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, added: “We are delighted to have secured this further order in Iraq with the help of our agent Horizon Development International. Whilst Iraq still poses many significant challenges, having a good local agent such as Horizon Development International is essential for trading in the country. We are currently seeing further significant growth opportunities in the region and the work we have completed to date to establish a foothold in the market, and these new reference sites coming online within Iraq within the next 12 months, will leave us in a strong position to win further business in the region.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380