Amarinth lands further orders in Iraq for the Zubair Initial Production facility
IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 11 October 2013
Amarinth lands further orders for the Zubair Initial Production Facility in Iraq
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has secured a new order in Iraq to supply a further eight API 610 OH2 A-Series pumps to the Zubair Initial Production Facility.
Last year, working with its agent in the region Horizon Development International, Amarinth secured its first business in Iraq to provide twelve API 610 11th edition Super Duplex OH2 A-Series pumps in Super Duplex for the produced water treatment package for the Zubair Initial Production Facility located in Basra in southern Iraq.
Following the successful delivery of those pumps on a short 24 week delivery, US giant oil services company Weatherford International, which holds the oil field facilities contract for Iraq's Zubair oil field, placed a further order for eight pumps to the same specification, on the same 24 week delivery.
This brings the total order value of pumps supplied by Amarinth to the Zubair Initial Production Facility to over $1.5M. Amarinth are also in on-going discussions with Weatherford International to supply more pumps to the same project.
Iraq is proving to be a rapidly expanding market for suppliers to the oil and gas industry and Amarinth has been building quickly on its initial successes. The company has received approved vendor status from both Lukoil (Russia's second largest oil company) and ENI and is progressing opportunities in the region with Iraq’s state owned oil companies South Oil Company and Midland Oil Company.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, added: “We are delighted to have secured this further order in Iraq with the help of our agent Horizon Development International. Whilst Iraq still poses many significant challenges, having a good local agent such as Horizon Development International is essential for trading in the country. We are currently seeing further significant growth opportunities in the region and the work we have completed to date to establish a foothold in the market, and these new reference sites coming online within Iraq within the next 12 months, will leave us in a strong position to win further business in the region.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380