Amarinth expands operations in Rendlesham, Suffolk with help from a Growing Business Fund grant
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 16th September 2021
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low lifecycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment, primarily for the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets, has completed a significant investment in equipment and created new jobs with help from a Growing Business Fund grant.
Amarinth has established itself as leader in providing centrifugal pumps to the world’s most challenging and arduous projects. With an increasing order book, Amarinth had set out a strategic growth plan requiring new equipment and recruitment of more staff at its head office in Rendlesham, Suffolk. Working with New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership, the company secured a grant to help accelerate this growth and add more permanent skilled staff to the team.
The Growing Business Fund grant was awarded for 20% of the total investment made. Amarinth targeted three key areas:
1. A new testing tank to increase capacity and enhance its existing facility and ensure it could continue to meet delivery times with the increase in customer orders.
2. Upgraded IT servers and the latest SolidWorks computer aided modelling software enabling the company to maintain its position of delivering bespoke centrifugal pumps on the shortest lead times in the industry.
3. More permanent full-time staff to deliver on the increasing number of bespoke pump orders and continue to support the expanding customer base around the world.
Despite the Covid-19 pandemic over the previous 18 months, Amarinth has successfully procured and commissioned the new testing facilities, IT equipment and software and has recruited and brought on-board two new full-time staff, a Design Engineer and a Global Sales Manager to support the company’s controlled growth strategy, and expects to fill a further two staff positions imminently.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are a successful and fast-growing business with an increasing order book. To keep up with the demanding projects of our customers in a rapidly changing world we are always seeking new ways to be more agile and competitive. We have been based in Suffolk since the company was founded almost two decades ago and this grant has helped us to develop the company in meeting our goals whilst delivering opportunities within the region for employment in the company and more business for our supply chain.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380