Amarinth expands in Kuwait with an order from Gulf Energy for API 610 VS4 pumps
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 20 September 2017
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, continues to expand its operations in Kuwait securing an order for API 610 VS4 pumps from Gulf Energy.
With its existing Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) approval and familiarity with KOC specifications, this new order has further expanded Amarinth's presence in Kuwait. Working with its agent Rezayat Trading Co. Ltd., one of the oldest established trading houses in Kuwait, the company secured the order for two API 610 VS4 vertical pumps with Plan 53B seal support systems from Gulf Energy to be used in a waste water treatment process at the GC-17 facilities and Abduliyah Pump Station, operated by KOC.
The site has restricted power and so Amarinth had to carefully size the pumps for the highest possible efficiency. They will be used in the recovered oil drum for the new effluent water balance tanks. A further design consideration was that they had to operate at low NPSH.
Although these pumps are for a waste water process, they were still under the same KOC specifications as other oil and gas pumps on site. Amarinth used its wealth of knowledge and skills from other demanding projects to deliver a particularly cost-effective design for this duty to meet the budget constraints. The nickel alloy pumps will also be delivered against a tight 22-week lead time.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: "We are delighted to receive this order which further underlines our strength in Kuwait and the confidence we have from KOC to deliver cost-effective pumping solutions across a broader range of requirements, such as at this waste water treatment process. We look forward to working with our agent Rezayat Trading Co. and delivering further products into Kuwait, and throughout the Middle East, that meet an increasing diversity of needs."
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380