Amarinth expands in Kuwait with an order from Gulf Energy for API 610 VS4 pumps
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 20 September 2017
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, continues to expand its operations in Kuwait securing an order for API 610 VS4 pumps from Gulf Energy.
With its existing Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) approval and familiarity with KOC specifications, this new order has further expanded Amarinth’s presence in Kuwait. Working with its agent Rezayat Trading Co. Ltd., one of the oldest established trading houses in Kuwait, the company secured the order for two API 610 VS4 vertical pumps with Plan 53B seal support systems from Gulf Energy to be used in a waste water treatment process at the GC-17 facilities and Abduliyah Pump Station, operated by KOC.
The site has restricted power and so Amarinth had to carefully size the pumps for the highest possible efficiency. They will be used in the recovered oil drum for the new effluent water balance tanks. A further design consideration was that they had to operate at low NPSH.
Although these pumps are for a waste water process, they were still under the same KOC specifications as other oil and gas pumps on site. Amarinth used its wealth of knowledge and skills from other demanding projects to deliver a particularly cost-effective design for this duty to meet the budget constraints. The nickel alloy pumps will also be delivered against a tight 22-week lead time.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to receive this order which further underlines our strength in Kuwait and the confidence we have from KOC to deliver cost-effective pumping solutions across a broader range of requirements, such as at this waste water treatment process. We look forward to working with our agent Rezayat Trading Co. and delivering further products into Kuwait, and throughout the Middle East, that meet an increasing diversity of needs.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380