Amarinth designs and launches Ci-Nergy – intelligent variable speed condensate recovery units
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 3rd April 2006
Amarinth launch innovative variable speed technology CRUs which deliver a significant saving in system operating costs
Amarinth, a UK company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of pumps and pumping systems has announced a new range of variable speed technology condensate recovery units that deliver significant savings in the running costs of steam heating and process systems.
Marketed as Ci-Nergy, this new range of condensate recovery units (CRUs) uses variable speed technology to deal automatically with varying levels of condensate arriving in the tank. The speed control acts as a soft start system allowing the pump to be started more frequently than fixed speed pumps. The result is that the accumulated condensate and its associated latent heat are returned back into the system much more rapidly than by using traditional fixed speed pumps with float controls. The returning condensate can be up to 10 deg C hotter, which results in savings on re-heating costs of up to £10,000 per annum.
Significant reductions of up to 75% in electricity costs are achieved by running the pump as slow as 10 Hz. The savings are exponential (often referred to as the cubed law) and so by utilising variable speed technology, the Ci-Nergy operates anywhere between 10 and 50 Hz to automatically match the level of condensate arriving in the tank. This delivers typical electricity savings of a further £1,000+ per annum per unit.In most cases the overall payback on the new units is between 6 and 9 months, making them an extremely cost effective upgrade to existing units.
Amarinth worked with steam specialist Spriax Sarco on the specification of the new Ci-Nergy unit. The design brief was very demanding:
better performance and greater reliability than the competition but at a price that was competitive;
variable speed technology;
stainless steel tanks;
small foot print;
and a significantly rationalised range.
In just 18 months Amarinth designed and brought the Ci-Nergy range into production. The new design concept was one of plug and play. Using just two tank and pump sizes with eight motors to handle condensate of between 500 and 35,000 kg/hour, the old range of 59 products was rationalised to just eight units.
Despite the much higher specification, by reducing the number of components the price of the new unit is less than the old one. Using Amarinth’s e-commerce web-based ordering system, customers can also receive delivery of a new unit in 2 weeks and spare parts within 24 hours.
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380