Amarinth designs and builds 18m long API 610 VS4 pumps for Armada Madura FPSO
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 8th February 2022
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low lifecycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment, primarily for the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets, has completed an order from Armada Madura for $1.5M of API 610 VS4 vertical pumps for a new FPSO being built for the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), India.
The FPSO will be positioned in the KG-DWN 98/2 field, approximately 22 km off the east coast of Kakinada, India. The vessel is designed to produce up to 90,000 barrels of oil per day (BOPD) and have a 1.3-million-barrel storage facility. It will be equipped to handle the monsoon conditions prevalent at the field.
The order was for six API 610 VS4 pumps, two are pour point depressant pumps that are 18m in length and the other four are methanol lift pumps that are 10m long. All pumps have PT100 temperature sensors that have been designed and built along the length of the pumps to monitor the temperature of each bearing individually. For each pump, the temperature sensors are terminated in a top surface junction box. The wiring is then fed to a control box through a unique armoured umbilical arrangement to on an independent instrument skid for each pump. All the pumps and associated wiring and instrumentation are rated for ATEX Zone 0.
The 18m long pumps incorporate a supporting system of brackets that Amarinth has designed which attaches each pump to its tank during installation ensuring that as the pump is lowered into the tank it remains perfectly aligned, reducing vibration and wear during operation.
Once assembled, the pumps were independently witness tested and certified by DNV at Amarinth’s facility in Rendlesham, UK, before being disassembled into 3m segments and shipped to Singapore where the FPSO is being built. It was crucial that the delivery and installation of the pumps aligned with the FPSO build schedule as due to the length of the pumps they had to be installed into the vessel’s tanks through the deck before another deck above the pumps could be built. The first phase was completed successfully over the Christmas period with Amarinth’s Engineering Commissioning team supporting the customer with the installation and commissioning.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to be delivering against this challenging project from Armada Madura which once again underlines our ability to design and manufacture bespoke API 610 VS4 vertical pumps that will operate reliably in the most demanding of environments, aboard an FPSO vessel.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380