Amarinth designs a bespoke vertically mounted OH1 produced water pump with API 682 plan 13
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 15 February 2016
Amarinth designs innovative low-shear vertically mounted API 610 OH 1 pump for the produced water nutshell filters from AI Energy Solutions
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and renewable energy markets, has designed a bespoke vertically mounted API 610 OH 1 pump with Plan 13 seal support system for AI Energy Solutions to use with its nutshell filters for cleaning produced water.
AI Energy Solutions (AIES) approached Amarinth to design a pump for the final cleaning phase of produced water using its nutshell filters on an offshore platform. Amarinth has successfully delivered pumping solutions for numerous produced water treatment systems and so already had a good understanding of the requirements. The location of the platform however, posed project specific challenges of high daytime and low night time temperatures, high salinity and a high 30% rated solids concentration.
The pump had to exhibit good low shear properties in order for the AIES nutshell filters to work optimally by ensuring that the oil and water was not emulsified. This could be achieved using an API 610 OH1 pump but in order to fit with the nutshell filter package, Amarinth had to design a bespoke solution. This involved taking the proven OH 1 hydraulic design and engineering a vertically mounted close coupled arrangement so that the suction was at the bottom and the discharge at the top.
Manufactured in stainless steel, the pump incorporated an open impeller design to handle the high solids concentration and a vacuum operated backwash facility to allow for ease of cleaning and maintenance. A single seal plan 13 seal support system, normally used on vertical pumps, was integrated with the vertically mounted OH1 pump. In line with project schedule, Amarinth was able to supply the bespoke pump on a fast track basis, with delivery in just 23 weeks.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “Amarinth has successfully delivered reliable pumping solutions for nutshell filters in the past and is pleased to be continuing our successful working relationship with AIES established during previous projects.”
– END –
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380