Amarinth designs a bespoke vertically mounted OH1 produced water pump with API 682 plan 13
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 15 February 2016
Amarinth designs innovative low-shear vertically mounted API 610 OH 1 pump for the produced water nutshell filters from AI Energy Solutions
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and renewable energy markets, has designed a bespoke vertically mounted API 610 OH 1 pump with Plan 13 seal support system for AI Energy Solutions to use with its nutshell filters for cleaning produced water.
AI Energy Solutions (AIES) approached Amarinth to design a pump for the final cleaning phase of produced water using its nutshell filters on an offshore platform. Amarinth has successfully delivered pumping solutions for numerous produced water treatment systems and so already had a good understanding of the requirements. The location of the platform however, posed project specific challenges of high daytime and low night time temperatures, high salinity and a high 30% rated solids concentration.
The pump had to exhibit good low shear properties in order for the AIES nutshell filters to work optimally by ensuring that the oil and water was not emulsified. This could be achieved using an API 610 OH1 pump but in order to fit with the nutshell filter package, Amarinth had to design a bespoke solution. This involved taking the proven OH 1 hydraulic design and engineering a vertically mounted close coupled arrangement so that the suction was at the bottom and the discharge at the top.
Manufactured in stainless steel, the pump incorporated an open impeller design to handle the high solids concentration and a vacuum operated backwash facility to allow for ease of cleaning and maintenance. A single seal plan 13 seal support system, normally used on vertical pumps, was integrated with the vertically mounted OH1 pump. In line with project schedule, Amarinth was able to supply the bespoke pump on a fast track basis, with delivery in just 23 weeks.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “Amarinth has successfully delivered reliable pumping solutions for nutshell filters in the past and is pleased to be continuing our successful working relationship with AIES established during previous projects.”
– END –
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380