Amarinth delivers low NPSH API 610 pumps to Technical Asia for Malaysian FPSO Helang
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 21st September 2020
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, LNG, chemical, industrial, power and desalination markets, delivered its first order to Technical Asia of low NPSH condensate pumps to be used on the FPSO Helang, which has recently commenced operations in the Layang Field, Malaysia.
The order from Technical Asia, the first it has placed with Amarinth, was for two bespoke API 610 OH1 condensate pumps with Plan 53B seal support systems. The pumps are being used within a flash gas compressor package aboard the Floating Production and Storage (FPSO) vessel Helang, which has recently commenced operations in the Layang Field, offshore Sarawak, Malaysia. Layang is approximately 8km east of the producing Helang gas field within the same block and at a water depth of approximately 90m.
The pumps are for processing condensate and oil onboard the FPSO and so space restrictions demanded they had to operate at extremely low NPSH(A). Furthermore, Technical Asia required the pumps on a tight 22-week deadline. Amarinth was approached to supply the pumps for its proven expertise in designing pumps for low NPSH duties and delivering bespoke pumps on short lead times.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted with this first order from Technical Asia taken through our Malaysian office for the FPSO Helang. These ultra-low NPSH(A) pumps were a challenging project but one we were always confident of delivering, as underlined by Technical Asia approaching us as their supplier of choice based on our extensive experience in this market.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380