Amarinth delivers low NPSH API 610 pumps to Technical Asia for Malaysian FPSO Helang
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 21st September 2020
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, LNG, chemical, industrial, power and desalination markets, delivered its first order to Technical Asia of low NPSH condensate pumps to be used on the FPSO Helang, which has recently commenced operations in the Layang Field, Malaysia.
The order from Technical Asia, the first it has placed with Amarinth, was for two bespoke API 610 OH1 condensate pumps with Plan 53B seal support systems. The pumps are being used within a flash gas compressor package aboard the Floating Production and Storage (FPSO) vessel Helang, which has recently commenced operations in the Layang Field, offshore Sarawak, Malaysia. Layang is approximately 8km east of the producing Helang gas field within the same block and at a water depth of approximately 90m.
The pumps are for processing condensate and oil onboard the FPSO and so space restrictions demanded they had to operate at extremely low NPSH(A). Furthermore, Technical Asia required the pumps on a tight 22-week deadline. Amarinth was approached to supply the pumps for its proven expertise in designing pumps for low NPSH duties and delivering bespoke pumps on short lead times.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted with this first order from Technical Asia taken through our Malaysian office for the FPSO Helang. These ultra-low NPSH(A) pumps were a challenging project but one we were always confident of delivering, as underlined by Technical Asia approaching us as their supplier of choice based on our extensive experience in this market.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380