Amarinth delivers high alloy pumps to ZADCO on short lead time for Zirku Island
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 21 Nov 2011
Amarinth delivers £750K of high alloy pumps to ZADCO on short lead-time for Zirku Island produced water filtration system
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the industrial, chemical and petrochemical industries has delivered £750K of API 610 OH2 pumps to ZADCO in various exotic alloys, including Inconel alloy 825, for an offshore pilot plant at Zirku Island, Abu Dhabi, on a lead-time ten weeks quicker than its nearest competitor could achieve.
The new pilot plant, for a planned larger installation, was commissioned by ZADCO on Zirku Island, which is located 140 kilometres north-west of Abu Dhabi. With its advanced oil and gas installations, Zirku is considered the main industrial base for the processing, storage and export of oil from Upper Zakum, Umm Al-Dalkh and Satah Fields.
A produced water treatment system was required by ZADCO on a very short lead time to meet the plants operating deadline. The pumps for the filtration system required a low shear design in order that the oil and water were not emulsified otherwise the process would be rendered ineffective. The produced water was high in H2S, and so the pumps had to be manufactured in a high nickel alloy to resist the extremely corrosive effects of the H2S.
Amarinth has a strong track record for delivering into demanding and prestigious off-shore projects in the Middle East, as well as a long established global reputation as an off-shore supplier to the North Sea, Malaysia, Scandinavia, and Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. This record, combined with its experience in supplying API 610 OH2 pumps for produced water treatment packages, which generally demand low shear designs, secured Amarinth the £750K contract after the company successfully demonstrated that it could design and manufacture the required pumps in the exotic materials ten weeks quicker than its nearest competitor, enabling the commission date of the plant to be met.
Based on the company’s previous successes around the world, Amarinth will be building on this opportunity, which is the first pilot project in the large Satah Full Field Development project.
Immediately following this success, Amarinth secured further orders from ZADCO to upgrade API 610 VS4 vertical pumps, which it supplied to the company in 2009, with state-of-the-art flow sensors and external flush lines. The new sensors ensure that the pump bearings do not run dry, a health and safety concern in such hazardous environments where a major pump failure can cause loss of life.
An important aspect of wining this additional business was Amarinth’s service excellence, ability to work with the client during the design and specification phase and its business agility to act quickly upon the changing requests and demands from ZADCO, particularly regarding the bearing life and the need for continual production during this upgrade.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted that we are building on our relationship with ZADCO. This new order expands our existing strong on-shore presence in the Middle East into offshore where we can bring the experience we have built up over many years in sectors such as the North Sea and Malaysia to bear. This order opens up big opportunities for us in the region which has already underlined by the subsequent work we have just been awarded by ZADCO to upgrade the VS4 pumps. Following the Satah Full Fill Project we are now focussed on the large SAS (Sahil, Asab and Shah) offshore Development Project and continue to target the specialised requirements of the oil and gas industry.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380