Amarinth delivers bespoke super duplex API 610 VS4 vertical sump pumps for Borouge plant in Abu Dhabi
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 11 July 2017
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has delivered two bespoke super duplex API 610 VS4 vertical sump pumps to Descon Engineering for the Borouge petrochemicals complex in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi.
Following a competitive tendering process, Amarinth secured its second order from Descon Engineering for two 9.5m long super duplex API 610 VS4 vertical sump pumps. These will be installed at the Borouge 3 plant in Ruwais, 250 kilometres west of Abu Dhabi city, during modification work on the existing header for the sea water intake. Borouge is a venture between the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and European plastics manufacturer Borealis. The Borouge site is now the world’s largest integrated polyolefins complex, with production capacity of 4.5 million tonnes.
Amarinth won the contract for its expertise and reputation designing bespoke vertical pumps for challenging projects. The company utilised its own unique software, which is configured to handle over 100,000 vertical pump variants and includes assemblies and sub-assemblies that have already checked against mating parts for clashes, to deliver a design for the 9.5m long pump that would fit existing constraints.
The pumps include a bespoke baseplate and, due to their length, additional start-up lubrication for the top bearings which automatically switches off once the process feed has reached them. Amarinth also had to carefully size the pumps to be as efficient as possible in order to work within power limitations at the site.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to have delivered these bespoke API 610 VS4 pumps to Descon Engineering for this significant project which further underlines our expertise in designing pumps for demanding duties. We look forward to working with Descon again on future projects.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380