Amarinth delivers API 610 OH2 pumps on a tight deadline to ProSep in Malaysia
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 1 March 2013
Amarinth delivers API 610 OH2 pumps on a tight deadline to ProSep in Malaysia for use in the Kebabangan field
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has successfully delivered four API 610 OH2 pumps with Plan 53B seal support systems to ProSep in Malaysia on a tight 26 week deadline. The pumps will be deployed in the Petronas operated Kebangan field in the South China Sea, 130km offshore Sabah, East Malaysia.
The order, which follows Amarinth gaining Petronas approved vendor status, was for $0.5M of API 610 OH2 pumps with seal support systems. The original concept was to supply the pumps from the UK and then assemble the API Plan 53B systems, made in Malaysia, at the ProSep yard. However logistical constraints meant that this would not be possible.
Amarinth therefore suggested using its own resources through its agent Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur for pipework welding and adding the buffer fluid systems. In addition, Amarinth were able to use these facilities to ensure that the stringent pressure testing was carried out and a full test procedure completed.
The result of leveraging this local engineering facility was that Amarinth was able to meet the aggressive deadline that had been set and ensure that the pumps could be delivered by ProSep to the end-user, complete and ready for commissioning.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “Since gaining our Petronas approved vendor status we have been active within Malaysia and are delighted with this order from ProSep for four API 610 pumps and seal support systems. In this case, we are also pleased that we could add further value through providing our expertise and local engineering and testing facilities ensuring that the challenging 26 week deadline for this order could be met.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380