Amarinth delivers API 610 OH2 pumps on a tight deadline to ProSep in Malaysia
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 1 March 2013
Amarinth delivers API 610 OH2 pumps on a tight deadline to ProSep in Malaysia for use in the Kebabangan field
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has successfully delivered four API 610 OH2 pumps with Plan 53B seal support systems to ProSep in Malaysia on a tight 26 week deadline. The pumps will be deployed in the Petronas operated Kebangan field in the South China Sea, 130km offshore Sabah, East Malaysia.
The order, which follows Amarinth gaining Petronas approved vendor status, was for $0.5M of API 610 OH2 pumps with seal support systems. The original concept was to supply the pumps from the UK and then assemble the API Plan 53B systems, made in Malaysia, at the ProSep yard. However logistical constraints meant that this would not be possible.
Amarinth therefore suggested using its own resources through its agent Geveke Oil & Gas Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur for pipework welding and adding the buffer fluid systems. In addition, Amarinth were able to use these facilities to ensure that the stringent pressure testing was carried out and a full test procedure completed.
The result of leveraging this local engineering facility was that Amarinth was able to meet the aggressive deadline that had been set and ensure that the pumps could be delivered by ProSep to the end-user, complete and ready for commissioning.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “Since gaining our Petronas approved vendor status we have been active within Malaysia and are delighted with this order from ProSep for four API 610 pumps and seal support systems. In this case, we are also pleased that we could add further value through providing our expertise and local engineering and testing facilities ensuring that the challenging 26 week deadline for this order could be met.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380