Amarinth delivers API 610 OH1 pumps to Kanfa for the second Karish FPSO oil train
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 13th December 2022
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low lifecycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment, primarily for the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets, has delivered an order to Norway’s process engineering business Kanfa for API 610 OH1 pumps for a second oil train on the FPSO operating in the Karish field, off Israel.
The addition of the second 700-tonne oil train for a new oil / condensate separation module for the FPSO operating in the Karish field in the eastern Mediterranean off Israel will increase the production capacity of this brownfield site by 75%. Kanfa will provide a fully assembled M10 topside module which will be transported to the Karish field for integration onto the FPSO.
Amarinth has supplied Kanfa with two API 610 pumps with a Plan 53B Seal Support system for the new oil train. The pumps, for ATEX Zone 2 operation, have been designed to the newest API 610 12th Edition and manufactured in stainless steel to Norsok specification. Due to space restrictions aboard the FPSO, a bespoke single footprint skid design was required which both pumps and the two Plan 53B Seal Support systems are all mounted on together.
The pumps were delivered on a very aggressive 30-week lead time to fit with the build schedule of the new M10 topside module. The pumps were witness tested by DNV at Amarinth’s test facility in the UK before being air-freighted to Dubai, UAE, where the new topside module is being constructed.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted to deliver this order to Kanfa, the first we have received from them. This is further testament to our proven agility in providing bespoke pumping solutions on very tight lead times to meet the challenges facing the world’s oil and gas industry.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380