Amarinth deliver exotic alloy API 610 VS4 pumps on a tight 27 week delivery schedule to STAR refinery in Turkey
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 21 September 2016
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has delivered its first order to the Indian operation of Aquatec consisting of exotic alloy API 610 VS4 pumps on a tight 27 week delivery schedule for use in the STAR refinery, Turkey.
The STAR project, set for completion in 2018, will be the first oil refinery to start operations in Turkey since the early 1970s and will process an estimated 10 million tons of crude oil each year. Located five kilometres from Aliaga, Izmir Province, the project also includes the construction and operation of three marine shipping terminals and a new stand-alone wastewater treatment plant for managing refinery by-product.
The Indian operation of Aquatech is responsible for various aspects of the refinery and required 5.5m long vertical pumps for sulphuric acid, caustic drain and vessel waste duties. The corrosiveness of the pumped fluids dictated that the vertical pumps had to be manufactured from exotic Alloy 20. To meet the very tight deadline of 27 weeks, Amarinth used one of its available slave motors for the testing in the UK whilst the actual motors were delivered directly to the refinery and then married with the pumps on-site.
Aquatech placed the order with Amarinth for its reputation of delivering high quality, bespoke API 610 VS4 pumps out of the United Kingdom to prestigious projects around the world against very tight deadlines. Amarinth has an extensive automated testing bay with two 7.5m deep pits ensuring that full hydraulic testing could be undertaken on the 5.5m long pumps, and in this case using its own slave motor that matched the STAR specification, minimising any issues when commissioning the pumps and motors on-site.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted with this order from Aquatech for the STAR refinery which underlines not only our strength in the oil and gas industry but also the recognition that the United Kingdom has the design and manufacturing expertise and the necessary supply chain to deliver the highest specification pumps for the most demanding of duties to any projects around the world.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380