Amarinth deliver exotic alloy API 610 VS4 pumps on a tight 27 week delivery schedule to STAR refinery in Turkey
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 21 September 2016
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets, has delivered its first order to the Indian operation of Aquatec consisting of exotic alloy API 610 VS4 pumps on a tight 27 week delivery schedule for use in the STAR refinery, Turkey.
The STAR project, set for completion in 2018, will be the first oil refinery to start operations in Turkey since the early 1970s and will process an estimated 10 million tons of crude oil each year. Located five kilometres from Aliaga, Izmir Province, the project also includes the construction and operation of three marine shipping terminals and a new stand-alone wastewater treatment plant for managing refinery by-product.
The Indian operation of Aquatech is responsible for various aspects of the refinery and required 5.5m long vertical pumps for sulphuric acid, caustic drain and vessel waste duties. The corrosiveness of the pumped fluids dictated that the vertical pumps had to be manufactured from exotic Alloy 20. To meet the very tight deadline of 27 weeks, Amarinth used one of its available slave motors for the testing in the UK whilst the actual motors were delivered directly to the refinery and then married with the pumps on-site.
Aquatech placed the order with Amarinth for its reputation of delivering high quality, bespoke API 610 VS4 pumps out of the United Kingdom to prestigious projects around the world against very tight deadlines. Amarinth has an extensive automated testing bay with two 7.5m deep pits ensuring that full hydraulic testing could be undertaken on the 5.5m long pumps, and in this case using its own slave motor that matched the STAR specification, minimising any issues when commissioning the pumps and motors on-site.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth, commented: “We are delighted with this order from Aquatech for the STAR refinery which underlines not only our strength in the oil and gas industry but also the recognition that the United Kingdom has the design and manufacturing expertise and the necessary supply chain to deliver the highest specification pumps for the most demanding of duties to any projects around the world.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380