Amarinth continues to supply API 610 pumps to Malaysia for FPSO Kikeh
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 05 June 2013
Amarinth secures order for API 610 OH2 pumps for use on FPSO Kikeh operating offshore Sabah, East Malaysia
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has secured a further order in Malaysia to supply API 610 OH2 pumps with cyclone separator seal flush systems for use on the FPSO Kikeh moored offshore Sabah, East Malaysia.
This latest order for Amarinth further underlines the company’s strong growth in Malaysia. The API 610 OH2 pumps with cyclone separator seal flush systems which use inverter drives to enable process control are destined for the Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel Kikeh. FPSO Kikeh is moored in the Kikeh field located 120km northwest of the island of Labuan, offshore Sabah, East Malaysia in water depths of around 1,300m.
Murphy Sabah Oil Company operates the Kikeh field on behalf of partner Petronas Carigali and the pumps were specified by the engineering contractor Single Buoy Mooring (SBM), based in Kuala Lumpur. Amarinth’s ability to quickly supply small numbers of high specification API 610 pumps, including involved witness testing, was recognised by SBM’s chosen supplier of the Kikeh produced water treatment plant.
The pumps were delivered within the 24 week lead time which is testament to the effective teamwork by Amarinth in the UK and their agent Geveke Oil & Gas in Kuala Lumpur, providing an unrivalled service supplying pumps to OEMs and packagers who are producing process modules for the offshore Oil and Gas industry.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director at Amarinth, commented: “We are extremely pleased with this latest order in Malaysia. The tremendous success we have had in supplying to the OEMs and packagers working in the North Sea Oil & Gas industry is now translating into the Malaysian market where the same requirement for high quality equipment on short deliveries is very similar. We have been strategically developing our presence in the Far East since the company gained its Petronas approved vendor status and the increasing number of orders underlines the success of our approach. We look forward to providing our high-specification engineered solutions to resolve many more challenging problems on high profile projects within the region.”
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for many years. Amarinth delivers worldleading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to ISO, ANSI & API standards, primarily for the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical, industrial and power markets. The company’s portfolio includes:
• Pumps: Horizontal and vertical API 610 pumps, chemical and industrial pumps, many of which are interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges, eliminating the need for expensive modifications when replacements are required.
• Pressure Vessels: Protect System Plan 52 and 53A and 53B sealant systems with inbuilt condition monitoring for pumps and mixers that are suitable for Safe area up to Zone 1.
• Spares & Service: High quality, fast lead-time re-engineered spare parts to improve performance and extend pump life, including many which are directly interchangeable with the Girdlestone pump ranges.
• Packages & Modules: Condensate Recovery Units manufactured for Spirax Sarco incorporating the innovative Ci-Nergy intelligent variable speed control system, plus bespoke packages & skids built to order.
• Business Systems: state-of-the-art e-commerce technologies that deliver 24/7 support enabling customers to select pumps and place orders on-line and then track every stage of manufacture through to delivery, any time, anywhere in the world.
The company operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and has a customer base of world-leading companies, including BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Spirax Sarco, Diageo, AMEC, Fluor and Halliburton. For further information, electronic copy or photos contact:
Business Development Director Amarinth Limited
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3790
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380