Amarinth continues to supply API 610 pumps to Malaysia for FPSO Kikeh
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 05 June 2013
Amarinth secures order for API 610 OH2 pumps for use on FPSO Kikeh operating offshore Sabah, East Malaysia
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the Oil & Gas, petrochemical, chemical and industrial markets, has secured a further order in Malaysia to supply API 610 OH2 pumps with cyclone separator seal flush systems for use on the FPSO Kikeh moored offshore Sabah, East Malaysia.
This latest order for Amarinth further underlines the company’s strong growth in Malaysia. The API 610 OH2 pumps with cyclone separator seal flush systems which use inverter drives to enable process control are destined for the Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel Kikeh. FPSO Kikeh is moored in the Kikeh field located 120km northwest of the island of Labuan, offshore Sabah, East Malaysia in water depths of around 1,300m.
Murphy Sabah Oil Company operates the Kikeh field on behalf of partner Petronas Carigali and the pumps were specified by the engineering contractor Single Buoy Mooring (SBM), based in Kuala Lumpur. Amarinth’s ability to quickly supply small numbers of high specification API 610 pumps, including involved witness testing, was recognised by SBM’s chosen supplier of the Kikeh produced water treatment plant.
The pumps were delivered within the 24 week lead time which is testament to the effective teamwork by Amarinth in the UK and their agent Geveke Oil & Gas in Kuala Lumpur, providing an unrivalled service supplying pumps to OEMs and packagers who are producing process modules for the offshore Oil and Gas industry.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director at Amarinth, commented: “We are extremely pleased with this latest order in Malaysia. The tremendous success we have had in supplying to the OEMs and packagers working in the North Sea Oil & Gas industry is now translating into the Malaysian market where the same requirement for high quality equipment on short deliveries is very similar. We have been strategically developing our presence in the Far East since the company gained its Petronas approved vendor status and the increasing number of orders underlines the success of our approach. We look forward to providing our high-specification engineered solutions to resolve many more challenging problems on high profile projects within the region.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380