Amarinth bucks the recession and opens new assembly & test facilities
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 26 April 2010
Amarinth bucks the recession and opens new pump assembly and test facilities increasing capacity by 150%
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the industrial, chemical and petrochemical industries has made a major investment in new state-of-the-art assembly and test facilities to handle current orders and predicted growth.
With its increasing order book, Amarinth has undertaken a major investment in new facilities that will enable the company to meet anticipated demand and needs of customers over the next few years. The company has just completed a new building that will house its state-of-the-art assembly facilities and provide an additional capacity of 150% over and above its existing facilities.
The building has been configured with numerous workstations in a ‘cell’ manufacturing layout enabling staff to move pumps of any size through their various assembly phases. A fully integrated 5 tonne crane ensures that large assemblies can be moved anywhere within the building with ease. Fitters will work in industry leading ‘clean room’ conditions when fitting seals and bearings to reduce the risk of potential contaminants.
A new test facility has also been completed where assembled pumps are fully tested to the relevant specification. The new test rig offers multiple connections to the main test tank which can cope with flows of up to 1650m3/hr. The multiple connections allow pumps to be prepared for test or disassembled after tests whilst another pump is undergoing testing, saving hours of idle test time and increasing throughput significantly.
The new rig is fully automated, being fitted with electronic valve actuators enabling the whole rig to be controlled via a single push button master test desk. All test telemetry is captured electronically using state-of-the-art digital test instrumentation and delivered to the testing desk, again improving efficiencies.
In addition, two 5 metre deep sumps have been constructed allowing for full length testing of vertical sump pumps up to 7 metres. The same thought process allowing one pump to be prepared whilst the other pump is operating and being tested has been used for these vertical pits, which once again allows increased throughput for vertical sump pump testing. An innovative hydraulic system has also been designed to lower the pumps into position at the push of a button, eradicating the need to use multiple cranes ensuring the job can be completed safely by just one operator.
Oliver Brigginshaw, Managing Director of Amarinth commented: “Our new assembly and test facilities reflect our drive to remain one of the quickest companies in the industry to deliver bespoke API 610 pumps whilst continuing with our significant growth. We can now assemble and test a greater volume of units without having to extend our leadtimes ensuring that we are well positioned to undertake an increased number of prestigious contracts, particularly those with tight deadlines. We have seen our order book continue to grow over the past year, despite the difficult economic conditions, and this significant investment reflects our confidence in the expected growth of Amarinth.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380