Amarinth appoints Alex Brigginshaw as Business Development Director
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 27 Sep 2011
Amarinth appoints Alex Brigginshaw as Business Development Director and expands its Board of Directors
Amarinth, a leading company specialising in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment to the industrial, chemical and petrochemical industries has expanded its operations with the appointment of Alex Brigginshaw as dedicated Business Development Director, accompanied by some internal promotions to its Board of Directors.
Alex Brigginshaw joined Amarinth in a non-executive capacity when the company was formed, but continued his corporate career within the Barclays Group where he was successfully supporting corporate businesses across a broad range of industries, including manufacturing. With a strong track record delivering business growth, Alex will now draw on his experience of bringing new products and services to customers to deliver a fresh perspective into his newly appointed business development role at Amarinth.
Alex will be responsible for driving the continued growth and success of Amarinth, working closely with the company’s strong base of customers, understanding and responding to the changes and demands within the industry to deliver increasing client engagement and new product solutions.
With Alex’s appointment to the Board, Amarinth has made other changes within the company. Chris Ryan, who as Export Sales Manager has steered the company through phenomenal growth in the Middle East, has been appointed to the Board as Sales Director. Kevin Gray, who has been at Amarinth since its formation and was responsible for overseeing the major investment the company made recently in its new assembly and test bay facilities, joins the Board as Operations Director.
In making these appointments, Steve Buckley, who was one of the founding Directors and has been responsible for sales and marketing, is now able to concentrate all of his energy into the role of Marketing Director, as well as acting as a mentor to the new appointees. This expansion of the Board of Directors marks a new phase for Amarinth, with a focus on new markets and new products that will enable the company to continue its rapid growth.
Alex Brigginshaw commented: “I am delighted to be joining Oliver, Steve and the team at Amarinth in this full time capacity during such an exciting period in the company’s history. Amarinth has experienced tremendous growth over the past decade and this year the order book is already fuller than ever. I'm looking forward to bringing my existing experiences to the company and continuing the on-going growth and development seen in the past 10 years.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380