Amarinth announces Bumi Wangsa as new agent in Asia Pacific region focused on extending brownfield oil and gas assets
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 22th October 2021
Amarinth, a world-leading, net-zero designer and manufacturer of low lifecycle cost centrifugal pumps and associated equipment, primarily for the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets, has further strengthened its position in the Asia Pacific market through an agency agreement with Bumi Wangsa, based in Malaysia.
Bumi Wangsa TMS Sdn Bhd, with offices in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, is a leading provider of sophisticated high-quality equipment and services to the oil and gas industry with global clients that include Petronas, Shell, ExxonMobil and BP. Amarinth will work closely with Bumi Wangsa to focus on extending the life of existing offshore and onshore brownfield assets within the Asia Pacific oil and gas industry through a comprehensive and cost-effective pump replacement, repair and modification programme.
Amarinth will supply new efficient API 610 horizontal, vertical and in-line vertical centrifugal pumps to replace existing, often obsolete, end-of-life pumps. Where possible, new pumps will be hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the old ones reducing installation, pipework and downtime costs.
If replacement is not required, then Amarinth, in partnership with Bumi Wangsa, can undertake repair and modification of most existing pumps, regardless of the original equipment manufacturer. This may include upgrading components and improving the performance or reliability of the pumps. With the on-going availability of spares and support from Amarinth for the refurbished pumps, this can extend their life for many more years.
Malaysia Sales Manager, Dzairel Yusuff, commented: “We are delighted to announce this partnership with Bumi Wangsa which further underlines Amarinth’s depth of support for the Asia Pacific region. Despite the global Covid-19 pandemic, we have seen a strong growth in orders across the region for our products, including offshore rigs, floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessels, floating liquified natural gas (FLNG) vessels, and onshore processing plants. Working in partnership with Bumi Wangsa will enable us to deliver even better localised support, particularly for the many challenging projects where organisations are looking to cost-effectively extend the life of their brown field assets.”
Available for download in PDF format, simply click the button below to download.Download File
View Notes To Editors
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Amarinth is a carbon net zero organisation delivering world-leading expertise in the design, application and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and associated equipment for critical applications in many of the most arduous and hostile environments around the globe.
Founded in 2002, Amarinth has harnessed the skills, creativity and passion of people who have worked in the pump industry for decades, delivering bespoke API and ISO pumps primarily to the offshore and onshore oil & gas industries; nuclear and renewable energy generation; defence; desalination; process and industrial markets.
The company’s innovative approach, business agility and use of sophisticated computer applications enables it to deliver robust, reliable and sustainable pumping solutions on the shortest lead times in the industry.
• Process pumps – API 610, API 685, ISO 5199 horizontal, vertical and in-line bespoke process pumps, including ones that are hydraulically and dimensionally interchangeable with the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps.
• Skid packages and modules – Supplied with a variety of drives for applications including de-sanding, mixing, filtration and chemical injection and tailored for the oil & gas, water treatment and power generation industries.
• Condensate recovery – Cutting-edge design providing low NPSH up to 98°C with variable speed drives to reduce cycle time and lower operating costs, available in stainless steel, galvanised or copper tanks for light or heavy industrial uses.
• Seal support – Integrated pressurised and vented seal support systems designed and delivered to API 682 and ISO 5199 standards and specific site specifications and requirements, working closely with AES, Eagle Burgmann, John Crane and Protect System.
• Spare parts – Critical spares for all Amarinth pumps and related components can be dispatched the same day, reducing potential downtime, and in addition components for the former Girdlestone and other obsolete pumps can be re-engineered often improving the performance of existing assets.
• Services – A full range of pump related services, delivered from UK head office or on-site globally, onshore or off-shore, including full commissioning and start-up support; also strip, report and refurbishment of any pump regardless of manufacturer.
Amarinth operates globally from its base in Rendlesham Suffolk, United Kingdom and offices in the Middle East and Malaysia with a global customer base, including BP, Shell, ADNOC, NOV, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, COSCO, EDF, GlaxoSmithKline, Saudi Aramco, Pfizer, Diageo, Kuwait Oil Company, AMEC, Fluor, LUKOIL, Halliburton, and Babcock.
For further information or photos contact
Bentwaters Park, Rendlesham
Woodbridge IP12 2TW
Tel: +44 (0)1394 462131
Mobile: +44 (0)7703 681821
B6 Solutions Limited
29 Swan Drive
The Wharf, Aldermaston
Reading RG7 4UZ
Tel: +44 (0)118 971 3271
Mobile: +44 (0)7880 748380